Author Topic: Share All Scribe Reports With Army  (Read 2376 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Share All Scribe Reports With Army
« Topic Start: April 19, 2013, 01:33:44 PM »
Title: Share All Scribe Reports With Army

Summary: Provide the "share this report with your army" link on all scout reports.

Details: When you first receive a scout report, there is a link to "share this report with your army" on the bottom of the page. If you forget to click this link before closing the report, it is no longer possible to share the report. By adding the "share this report with your army" link to scout reports found under Information > Scribe Notes > Your Scribe Notes, you can easily share past scout reports with the army that you forgot to share originally.

Benefits: Make it possibly to retroactivly share scout reports with the army.

Possible Exploits: Scout reports collected before joing the army could be sent. I do not see this as an issue as it makes sense that a noble could send such a report to another individual or an army as a whole at any time.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Share All Scribe Reports With Army
« Reply #1: April 19, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »
If you go to your Scribe Notes in Information, then copy the part under column Note Index, you can paste that in a message to your army, or whoever else, and send it. It should look something like this: [Scribe:224109|cbf290165f731835]   Battle in Mattan Dews

I don't think an automatic send to army is very useful. It just encourages more laziness and non-involvement from players when we should be trying to engage them to interact with each other.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 19, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »
He's not asking for automatic sending. He's asking for the link to appear on old scout reports as well as ones you've just made.

I think that's reasonable.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 19, 2013, 06:07:10 PM »
Oh, sorry for the confusion then. I think thats reasonable too.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 19, 2013, 09:20:30 PM »
I like the idea
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 19, 2013, 10:56:53 PM »
As marshal, I hate going through old messages looking for scout reports. I want them on one page. Anything I can do to make it easy for those reports to get added to the army, I am all for!

egamma

« Reply #6: April 19, 2013, 10:57:32 PM »
A button on the scribe note page that says "share all scribe notes with army" would be great.