Author Topic: Perdan vs Caligus+Friends  (Read 38139 times)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan vs Caligus+Friends
« Reply #75: June 05, 2013, 11:38:07 PM »
Private letters, at least from Atanamir, prove that incorrect. Atanamir was open to any number of ways to have Eponllyn destroyed, including the secession of Al Arab, and direct war between Eponlly and Armmonia. There may not have been a clear "Let's team up and destrpoy Eponllyn", but the clear intent was there, for no other reason than Eponllyn didn't want to ally with Perdan and join the anti-Nivemus crusade. This was supported by Lance's pro-Westmoor/anti-Sirion haranguing of Eponllyn's council, where he said that if we didn't do it, then we'd be attacked ourselves. And lo and behold, soon after that, the plots against Eponllyn were revealed.

I still find it odd. If Eponllyn knew that not joining the Nivemus loot-fest would bring the ire of Perdan, then it seems like a horrible decision to turn down the loot-fest without prior knowledge that Armonia/Caligus would support them. Take away any part of the 3-way alliance against Perdan, and the other two are going to look like Nivemus before the armies were called back.

Not to mention Armonia's decision to give up gains in Eponllyn land to attack Perdan. I'm glad it went as it did, cause it's made for a most interesting war....but Armonia seemed to be given Eponllyn on a silver platter for joining one battle up north. If nothing else, at least Eponllyn had good reason for aggression. I think Armonia and Caligus will forever be seen as betrayers by the nobles of Perdan. It certainly has united the realm even more than the northern fun.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)