Author Topic: Perdan vs Caligus+Friends  (Read 37597 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan vs Caligus+Friends
« Reply #15: April 20, 2013, 05:51:42 PM »
Sirion had no business interfering with the original Perdan vs Nivemus.
Oh right. Big, powerful realms should totally be allowed to pick one small, weak realm, make up a fake reason, and wipe them out, while the weaker realm's allies just stand back and let it all happen because: "hey, none of our business".
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 20, 2013, 06:49:22 PM »
Oh right. Big, powerful realms should totally be allowed to pick one small, weak realm

Which Sirion's done time after time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 20, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »
For the life of me, I can't think of a single small/weak realm that Sirion wiped out. (Although I've only been playing for 7 years, there may have been some before that.) Now, Sirion has wiped out a few realms, but they didn't qualify as small/weak when the war started.

But really, did *anyone* think that Perdan's attack on Nivemus was going to happen without drawing Sirion into the war? The entire thing was set up to provoke the exact situation that eventually happened. (Well, the entrance of Caligus wasn't expected I would bet. At least not this early.) And this is a war game. So kudos for starting a huge war that could have some major repercussions for some big realms.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 20, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »
For the life of me, I can't think of a single small/weak realm that Sirion wiped out. (Although I've only been playing for 7 years, there may have been some before that.) Now, Sirion has wiped out a few realms, but they didn't qualify as small/weak when the war started.

Avamar and Eleador comes to mind. The latter was an ally of Sirion but yet they died by Sirionite hand.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Astinus

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 20, 2013, 08:03:15 PM »

But really, did *anyone* think that Perdan's attack on Nivemus was going to happen without drawing Sirion into the war? The entire thing was set up to provoke the exact situation that eventually happened. (Well, the entrance of Caligus wasn't expected I would bet. At least not this early.) And this is a war game. So kudos for starting a huge war that could have some major repercussions for some big realms.
Perdan/Westmoor/OI vs Nivemus/Sirion was a good thing for bm, what I didn't expect was that Nivemus would collapse without almost any resistance.

As far as other realm group up together to take down a bigger threat (like Caligus and the south are doing against Perdam) I don't see any unfairness

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 20, 2013, 08:05:59 PM »
Avamar died a couple months before I joined. Eleador even longer before. Avamar, however, was part of a larger war. It wasn't just Sirion v. Avamar.

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 20, 2013, 08:25:58 PM »
Avamar died a couple months before I joined. Eleador even longer before. Avamar, however, was part of a larger war. It wasn't just Sirion v. Avamar.

Sure, it was Oligarch, Perdan, Avamar, Rancagua vs Sirion, Fontan, Old Rancagua + Eleador on both sides at different times from what I remember but you cannot exclude everything that is a part of a larger war. There is almost never one versus one in bm.

Speaking of dead realms, since I have at times been paused, how did Old Rancagua die? Who killed Fontan? Who killed the realms on the islands that existed previous to OI (I think I missed one..like Kalmar Islands dying?).

Zakilevo

« Reply #22: April 20, 2013, 08:31:02 PM »
Sure, it was Oligarch, Perdan, Avamar, Rancagua vs Sirion, Fontan, Old Rancagua + Eleador on both sides at different times from what I remember but you cannot exclude everything that is a part of a larger war. There is almost never one versus one in bm.

Speaking of dead realms, since I have at times been paused, how did Old Rancagua die? Who killed Fontan? Who killed the realms on the islands that existed previous to OI (I think I missed one..like Kalmar Islands dying?).

Fontan crushed OR. Fontan was destroyed by Perdan+Caligus+Westmoor after being shrunk by Sirion.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 20, 2013, 09:05:56 PM »
you cannot exclude everything that is a part of a larger war. There is almost never one versus one in bm.
Yeah he can, since that's the whole point.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 20, 2013, 09:30:58 PM »
Yeah he can, since that's the whole point.
Indeed, it is the point. The war was not Sirion standing up and saying "Hey Avamar, we're gonna kill yer ass, just because we feel like it." There was a continent-wide war, and Avamar was a realm on one side of it. Too bad for them that they just happened to be a tiny little thing, two regions away from the Sirionite juggernaut's capital.

Also: Kalmar Islands was taken over by former Avamarians, and some others. When Perdan and OR tried to get rid of the rebels and hand the realm back tot he original government, the rebels split off Kalmar city into Avamar Selective. Perdan wiped out KI, and OR/Sirion wiped out AS. The new realm of Obsidian Islands was then formed to reintegrate the flotsam (err... "islands") that nobody really cared about.

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 20, 2013, 11:03:50 PM »
Indeed, it is the point.

Right, I forgot what the point was ;D But even so, Sirion does have the reputation going as the evil empire. Maybe it is the size. Maybe it is the elf-theme, maybe the reputation is just natural because she has many enemies. In either case, it does exist.

So even if Sirion hasn't actually killed a lot of small realms for no reason many have the perception that it has. Perception matters ;)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 20, 2013, 11:42:51 PM »
Sirion does have a bad reputation with a lot of longer-term players, due to the puppet-master nature they had for many years. The first four or more years of the game, in fact. They aren't angels by any means. Neither are they eaters-of-babiers either.

Deytheur

« Reply #27: April 21, 2013, 12:02:56 AM »
Still don't like one sided War, i was expecting Perdan and Caligs to share a southern Queen each, but o well...

This is more what I was expecting to happen too but ah well. Also I like your first post :D

They aren't angels by any means.

Are there any realms that are?

Menethil

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 21, 2013, 12:08:45 AM »
Sirion has a bad reputation

Caligus has a bad reputation (well its more me but Caligus is blamed)

Perdan has a bad reputation

Basically its all people overreacting and making things up.  All realms have their own virtues and standards.  Either you like them or dont like them.  Most realms politics simply change with their ruler.  This goes to every nation whether is a democracy or a monarchy.  All it really takes is a change of rulers to influence change of politics for a realm and this is why Caligus 'changed' sides multiple times.  Its basically a new ruler coming in mainly trying to do alot of questionable stuff and Dobromir takes on the form of a straightarrow where he is very unforgiving in being messed with or lied to.  Likely comes down as Caligus being treasonous traitors to most of you but in the end Caligus does like and supports Dobromir alot.  I know some people utterly hate the way I decide to rule that nation but (ex-enemies of Caligus the whole Tuchanon V group) love the way I rule and have told me that I make the game alot more enjoyable for them.

So give or take theres no way to make everyone happy in my opinion.  Every realm gets a stigma and a bad reputation the moment it starts to influence politics.  Its just the way things are.

From my part I see it as General its your job to better the enemy general on the field.  As ruler its your job to secure the right alliances and stances and ensure your generals job is easier.

Anyways part of this is I randomly went on irc with a few people trash talking me OOC not even IC which I find quite sad and uncalled for.  So apologies for the rant
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 12:11:02 AM by Menethil »

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 21, 2013, 04:05:13 AM »
Sirion had no business interfering with the original Perdan vs Nivemus.

Nivemus and Sirion are allies. Perdan declared destruction-war against Nivemus. Nivemus called up the alliance, which makes perfect sense.