Author Topic: Perdan vs Caligus+Friends  (Read 38076 times)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan vs Caligus+Friends
« Reply #105: June 18, 2013, 08:30:27 AM »
So the rulers of Eponllyn and Caligus are apparently in an RL relationship? Is that true? So...those realms have an alliance that won't ever be broken?

Could it technically be considered a Federation considering it is... you all know... something else :)

I'd like to hear actually what the two have to say on this.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: June 18, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
Seriously?

Do we need to start a public database of which players are sleeping with which other players or something?

Their personal, private lives are exactly that. Personal and private. If they choose not to share that information with you or me, then that's their choice, and you should respect that choice.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: June 18, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »
Seriously?

Do we need to start a public database of which players are sleeping with which other players or something?

Their personal, private lives are exactly that. Personal and private. If they choose not to share that information with you or me, then that's their choice, and you should respect that choice.

I agree, I neither think that the private OOC situation is of interest here.
No need to get always aggressive on me when there is no reason to, Indirik, you should stop that constant harassing of my forum posts, please.
I personally don't care about the relationship, I wish them all the best! :)

But if it's true, it obviously raises questions about IC behaviour for some people here and I think that might be very well a topic, since "we play this game together with good friends and on the same board", no?
That's why I (and obviously also other players) would like to hear what the two think about this.
You talk only about the relationship but players here are interested if it affects IG situations, that is understandable.
Nothing else is here of interest, at least for my part.

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: June 18, 2013, 01:50:15 PM »
My federation comment was a joke guys :) of course they aren't really federated IG. I was just saying they are federated in real life :D
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: June 18, 2013, 01:55:11 PM »
My federation comment was a joke guys :) of course they aren't really federated IG. I was just saying they are federated in real life :D

lol, well yeah, honestly, I don't care about it anyway.
If they want to talk about it, so be it, if not, so be it as well.
It just leaves a bad taste to it in the positions they occupy IC, but that might be only my personal opinion.
Then I might have to "change" their positions IC. ;)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: June 18, 2013, 03:14:33 PM »

Then why did you file a report against them for the grievous sin of (purportedly) having an RL relationship and not telling you about it?

People's real lives are their business. Not yours. Not ours. If they have a relationship in RL, that has absolutely no bearing on whether or not their characters have a relationship, or whether or not their realms have a relationship.

So Atanamir, T Strike, and everyone else, please just respect their privacy and bloody well act like you never even heard a rumour that the two players knew each other in real life.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: June 18, 2013, 03:20:06 PM »
I'd like to hear actually what the two have to say on this.

I agree, I neither think that the private OOC situation is of interest here.
I personally don't care about the relationship, I wish them all the best! :)

But if it's true, it obviously raises questions about IC behaviour for some people here and I think that might be very well a topic, since "we play this game together with good friends and on the same board", no?
That's why I (and obviously also other players) would like to hear what the two think about this.
You talk only about the relationship but players here are interested if it affects IG situations, that is understandable.
Nothing else is here of interest, at least for my part.

If they want to talk about it, so be it, if not, so be it as well.
It just leaves a bad taste to it in the positions they occupy IC, but that might be only my personal opinion.
Then I might have to "change" their positions IC. ;)

I was going to call you out with several inappropriate swear words here, Atanamir, because the level of hypocrisy you show even within the same forum post is amazing. However, I think it is very, very easy: you are too connected with Perdan and that realm feels threatened and as a result you, as a player, feel threatened too, which causes you to try to dig up "dirt" on players that makes absolutely no sense. Do everyone a favour and read the quotes of yourself again and be quick to diagnose yourself with either schizophrenia or a serious case of hypocrisy - the latter being the factual matter. You say you are not interested in their personal situation, which is the correct idea - but then, even in the same forum post, you question their relationship to have ulterior IC motives that would affect the way they play their characters. Firstly, I think the rumours you spread about them being a couple are irrelevant. Secondly, I think they are just rumours without a grain of truth. Thirdly, it is ridiculous to assume that players cannot separate OOC from IC. I shall give as an example the fact that me and Lorgan are really, really good friends IRL for about a decade now - though when I look at how we play Battlemaster, you would often not notice it.

I strongly urge you to drop this entire matter and get over yourself. From what I can read in this thread alone you are just trying to invade someone's privacy when it is not at all your place to do so. Your passive aggressive approach of "I don't care, but I would like to see them say something about it because it may change their IC positions" resembles the tactic of a teenager who just got introduced to basic argumentation. You can do better than that - hell, you are better than that.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: June 18, 2013, 03:23:44 PM »
I was going to call you out with several inappropriate swear words here, Atanamir, because the level of hypocrisy you show even within the same forum post is amazing. However, I think it is very, very easy: you are too connected with Perdan and that realm feels threatened and as a result you, as a player, feel threatened too, which causes you to try to dig up "dirt" on players that makes absolutely no sense. Do everyone a favour and read the quotes of yourself again and be quick to diagnose yourself with either schizophrenia or a serious case of hypocrisy - the latter being the factual matter. You say you are not interested in their personal situation, which is the correct idea - but then, even in the same forum post, you question their relationship to have ulterior IC motives that would affect the way they play their characters. Firstly, I think the rumours you spread about them being a couple are irrelevant. Secondly, I think they are just rumours without a grain of truth. Thirdly, it is ridiculous to assume that players cannot separate OOC from IC. I shall give as an example the fact that me and Lorgan are really, really good friends IRL for about a decade now - though when I look at how we play Battlemaster, you would often not notice it.

I strongly urge you to drop this entire matter and get over yourself. From what I can read in this thread alone you are just trying to invade someone's privacy when it is not at all your place to do so. Your passive aggressive approach of "I don't care, but I would like to see them say something about it because it may change their IC positions" resembles the tactic of a teenager who just got introduced to basic argumentation. You can do better than that - hell, you are better than that.

By my second message I already dropped the matter for myself. Thank you for your honest opinion on my previous messages.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: June 18, 2013, 03:40:22 PM »
I think we're about done with this thread. Mods? Please close it or sanitize it. If closed, those participating are welcome to create a new one.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: June 18, 2013, 04:04:47 PM »
Then why did you file a report against them for the grievous sin of (purportedly) having an RL relationship and not telling you about it?

People's real lives are their business. Not yours. Not ours. If they have a relationship in RL, that has absolutely no bearing on whether or not their characters have a relationship, or whether or not their realms have a relationship.

So Atanamir, T Strike, and everyone else, please just respect their privacy and bloody well act like you never even heard a rumour that the two players knew each other in real life.

I would like to repeat again that I have dropped the matter.
I will also fix the quote for you:

"lol, well yeah, honestly, I don't care about it anyMORE."
And again, with that line, I consider the matter as dropped.

Excuse me again Delvin_Anaris for english not being my first language and mixing up words sometimes, making me not explaingin things clear enough to you.I will try harder.
Same obviously counts about the reasoning of my filed complaint.
We two have this argument since some years now, I know it's not easy for me, but I will try better next time.

However I agree with solari that we are done here.
That also includes that my privacy about my correspondence with Titans gets respected as well here.

Thank you all for your input on my messages.