Author Topic: Retirement  (Read 2433 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Retirement
« Topic Start: April 14, 2011, 08:39:33 AM »
So, I've just gained the privilege of playing four nobles at once.

I have one noble who I retired back of this, and she appears on my account page like this:

Retired Characters / Family Graveyard

Character     Age     retired on     Prestige     Honour
Loreldine   32   2010-07-06   ?   ?
Loreldine   ?   2010-07-05   ?   ?

What does this mean, for one? Two, I think I want to bring her back, can I? If so, how? I cannot seem to figure it out. I do have the create new noble option, but do I not have the option to bring this one out of retirement?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: Retirement
« Reply #1: April 14, 2011, 09:32:38 AM »
Afraid not. Before the current system, retiring was deleting.

I think (?) it looks like that because a back-record was not kept of the honour/prestige that all characters had, so there is no data to plug in there.

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: April 14, 2011, 10:37:04 AM »
You are pretty much asking a dead man to come back to the living world. It says retired characters but it also says a graveyard. But you can forget about the retired part and just go with the graveyard part. In the world of BM, they bury retired people ALIVE :)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 14, 2011, 12:42:42 PM »
"Retire" is the IG way of saying "delete character."

When you've deleted something, can you usually get it back?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 14, 2011, 09:27:08 PM »
depends XD

would be interesting if retiree can do something for the family in the background (before eventual death.. somewhat based on age)

as a way to encourage old chars to move on. obviously a 20 yr old retiree with zip h/p won't do much
firefox

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 14, 2011, 10:58:36 PM »
I see, I see. I had just assumed retired meant retired. Not deleted.

No problem.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)