Author Topic: Firefox 20.0  (Read 3472 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Firefox 20.0
« Topic Start: April 19, 2013, 01:57:55 AM »
Since I updated to Firefox 20.0 everything in game that uses the "list" format such as realm lists, character lists, etc. isn't working right. Also, the saved message feature doesn't seem to work.

Just thought I would give a heads up.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Firefox 20.0
« Reply #1: April 19, 2013, 12:02:30 PM »
Sorry, I'm not trying to be offensive but: How do you think this is helping us in any way? "isn't working right" tells us exactly NOTHING. That's like me calling the ambulance and saying I don't feel well. Yeah, they'll probably rush out because it's their job, but they will hate me all the way because I'm giving them absolutely zero indication what's wrong and what they need to bring. Am I on fire or do I have a headache?

Seriously, if you want to give us a heads up instead of a headache, at least tell us WHAT is wrong.

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 19, 2013, 06:37:00 PM »
I have firefox 20.0.1(the latest one) and have none of those issues.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 19, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »
Aka, Perth please give a screen shot of the issue. It makes it much clearer to the Dev Team what the problem is.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

« Reply #4: April 19, 2013, 10:59:07 PM »
Did you clear your cache, uninstall and reinstall, etc?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 20, 2013, 12:54:56 AM »
Stand on one foot?  Stick a carrot in your ear?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 20, 2013, 01:53:13 AM »
Didn't mean to offend.

Here are some pics, let me know if you need anything else.

As you can see the list formats don't show up. And I can't sort them or anything.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 20, 2013, 12:09:43 PM »
Send me your gold, I can fix that problem  8)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #8: April 20, 2013, 05:50:43 PM »
Sorry, I'm not trying to be offensive but: How do you think this is helping us in any way? "isn't working right" tells us exactly NOTHING. That's like me calling the ambulance and saying I don't feel well. Yeah, they'll probably rush out because it's their job, but they will hate me all the way because I'm giving them absolutely zero indication what's wrong and what they need to bring. Am I on fire or do I have a headache?

Seriously, if you want to give us a heads up instead of a headache, at least tell us WHAT is wrong.

Exaggeration of the year. Also completely unneeded. Just ask him to be more specific.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 21, 2013, 04:43:33 AM »
Send me your gold, I can fix that problem  8)

No way, that's the remnants of Kerwin's stash he fled Eston with.  8)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #10: April 21, 2013, 11:06:50 AM »
Exaggeration of the year. Also completely unneeded. Just ask him to be more specific.

Some days, I am very nice. Some days, I have my doubts in the human race because people still don't know how to properly report a bug even though we and probably every other software developer in the world has been telling them forever.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #11: April 21, 2013, 11:07:46 AM »
As you can see the list formats don't show up. And I can't sort them or anything.

That means that datatables javascript fails. I doubt they broke JS in Firefox - do you have stuff like noscript, ad blockers or something else installed that might interfere with javascript?

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 21, 2013, 09:11:53 PM »
That means that datatables javascript fails. I doubt they broke JS in Firefox - do you have stuff like noscript, ad blockers or something else installed that might interfere with javascript?

I do have Adblock Plus 2.2.3

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #13: April 22, 2013, 01:57:21 AM »
I do have Adblock Plus 2.2.3

ABP is pretty well-behaved, I use it myself. I'd be surprised if it were the reason.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 22, 2013, 02:06:07 AM »
I still whitelist the battlemaster.org domain with adblock. There are, at rare intervals, a few misfires.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.