Author Topic: Joining a religion  (Read 2431 times)

Giscard

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Joining a religion
« Topic Start: April 25, 2013, 07:34:43 PM »
Hi, I'm wondering how do I go about joining a religion?  I've read almost all of the wiki articles they have posted, looked at various other religions and I'm ready to openly declare my characters wish to align with them.  The problem is I don't know the process to join, I assume I can't just send a message to the head of the faith about something as simple as joining and no priest is currently located in the local temple.  If anyone had any advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Joining a religion
« Reply #1: April 25, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »
Go to a temple and apply for membership. It's that simple.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2: April 25, 2013, 09:28:20 PM »
To further explain so as to avoid confusion, you do not need a priest with you in order to convert, only a temple in the region you are currently. Just go to actions, then go to the temple of the religion you wish to join, and join it.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 26, 2013, 01:23:48 AM »
For further clarification, you need to visit a temple of a player-created religion. They are listed as: "Visit the 'Sanguis Astroism' temple", or whatever the religion is named. Inside it, there should be an option to apply for membership.

The action of " Visit the temples... - chat with the local priests." is a holdover from back when there were no official religions. It let's you get a little information about the region, but you cannot join it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.