Author Topic: OOC Harrassment after comments on poor RP  (Read 26800 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Harrassment after comments on poor RP
« Topic Start: April 29, 2013, 05:23:43 PM »
This is not something a Magistrate should deal with , in fact i doubt this is something anyone in the game should bother with. Facebook is something adult people use, each of them for his personal reasons. We cannot judge people's behaviour or choice of words in there. We are not World Judges and Punishers here.

I'm not sure if I completely agree with you. What you're saying has merit, but I do have concerns about the prospect of one player harassing another one over Battlemaster-related things using mediums outside the game itself. Such behavior is clearly against the spirit of the Social Contract; should we recuse ourselves from any responsibility to try to stop such behavior simply because the harassment didn't happen within Battlemaster itself? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure I've decided yet. There are pros and cons either way. I certainly don't like the idea of knowing something bad is going on and sitting on my hands while it happens. On the other hand, this particular example seems like more of a one-off bit of petty spitefulness than a pattern of harassment, and its direct relevance to Battlemaster is limited at best.

Another question to consider in a case like this is, would these two people be connected at all without Battlemaster in the middle? Probably not. No Battlemaster, no conflict. Could that fact imply that we have some responsibility here?