Author Topic: OOC Harrassment after comments on poor RP  (Read 26790 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Harrassment after comments on poor RP
« Topic Start: April 29, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »
Okay, context as promised.

I feel Thalmarkin has become a breeding ground for poor RP, poor manners and a generally poor OOC attitude for a small number of players, though mainly from the Guile family. My main issue was with stuff I can't consider BM-appropriate, such as a Grand Wizard shooting fireballs, moving an Ice Tower with telekinesis and sexual innuendo ("I'll give her a pearl necklace"). I sent an OOC message to Kyle on two occasions asking him to rein in. The first went without answer, the second with a reply very similar to the text in this thread's initial message. At the time I made a post asking about the policing of RP in BM, whether or not it exists and if this place is also intended for it. As the answer seemed to be no, I refrained from any further actions. I just ignored the Guile family altogether. Also because I figured I might be the only one annoyed by these roleplays, and I didn't consider it my place to spoil others' fun any further. It was only after Kyle started a rather lame argument on facebook with no real content that I reacted again, admittedly not in the best way. However, I didn't just reply with QQ, as I was genuinly interested in what his big problem was.

This was enough for Kyle to send me a personal message, I can only assume to harrass me in some way. We'll call it the CoD-mentality.

It was after his initial poor reactions (I no longer have them stored as it's over 30 days ago), the message on facebook as well as a discussion with another BM player on the poor behaviour of Kyle that I decided to put this out there.

Now, it's not my intention to see Kyle punished, because I agree that policing FB of all things is not the magistrates' job. As I no longer have the relevant OOC messages, I can't supply these either.

So what was my intention?

Firstly, to make him stop. I would expect exposing his messaging would do just that, immediately. I'm not looking to get caught in another of his OOC feuds.
Secondly, to provide documentation on the issue. For all I know (and now I do, from those other cases), Kyle has been harrassing other players. I can't say I am deeply traumatised by his attempt at insulting me, but others might have been. Perhaps recently joined players have already left because of him, something that can only be bad for BM as a whole.

I agree that this one case isn't worth much attention, but if this is a reoccuring issue, it might be. I believe BM should be played as friends around a table, which means a degree of respect is involved for each other, as well as the rules.

(EDIT: grammar, spelling)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:29:34 PM by Shizzle »