Author Topic: Scroll of Fountain of Youth  (Read 4165 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Scroll of Fountain of Youth
« Topic Start: April 29, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »
Am I completely misunderstanding what it's supposed to do? I was assuming it'd lower my character's physical age. When I used it on myself, though, despite saying it worked, it did not lower my character's physical age.

This scroll is said to make old men feel young again. It will give new energy to its target and remove fatigue.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Scroll of Fountain of Youth
« Reply #1: April 29, 2013, 12:59:07 PM »
Am I completely misunderstanding what it's supposed to do? I was assuming it'd lower my character's physical age. When I used it on myself, though, despite saying it worked, it did not lower my character's physical age.

Fatigue is an adventurer's stat, maybe it only works on advies?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 29, 2013, 01:21:01 PM »
Fatigue is an adventurer's stat, maybe it only works on advies?

It said it "worked". Yea, some of the wording does suggest it is advy-related, but the name and "make old men feel young again" suggests that it relates to physical age (and maybe decrease fatigue as well if used on an advy).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 29, 2013, 01:35:47 PM »
I thought advies couldn't use scrolls.

And maybe it only worked a little, not enough to take a whole year off?   "Why I do declare, I feel as young as I was last week!"
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #4: April 29, 2013, 10:54:18 PM »
It wasn't a "little blue scroll", was it?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 29, 2013, 11:26:33 PM »
It wasn't a "little blue scroll", was it?

Nono, that's the Scroll of Ecstasy.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 29, 2013, 11:56:39 PM »
I thought advies couldn't use scrolls.

And maybe it only worked a little, not enough to take a whole year off?   "Why I do declare, I feel as young as I was last week!"

I used a second one. Still at 45. And these scrolls aren't the first this character uses.

Feels rather week if two scrolls in a row can't even knock a single year off my character's age. I was expecting like 5 years off each.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 30, 2013, 12:06:51 AM »
It is my vague recollection that Tom was asked about this some time back, and he firmly stated his intention that there be no way in-game to reduce one's physical age.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 30, 2013, 01:05:49 AM »
It is my vague recollection that Tom was asked about this some time back, and he firmly stated his intention that there be no way in-game to reduce one's physical age.

The description should be changed, then... it really suggests that it lowers the character's physical age.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 30, 2013, 01:37:05 AM »
The description should be changed, then... it really suggests that it lowers the character's physical age.

And the description for the Scroll of Fireball really suggests that it produces an impressive, flashy fireball to frighten and injure one's foes.

In Soviet BattleMaster, dev team trolls you.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 30, 2013, 02:06:23 AM »
And the description for the Scroll of Fireball really suggests that it produces an impressive, flashy fireball to frighten and injure one's foes.

Wait, what does the scroll of Fireball do, now?

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 30, 2013, 03:29:12 AM »

Lol.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 30, 2013, 03:50:19 AM »

Probably incinerates one's self.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 30, 2013, 04:36:41 PM »
Would be cool if they seriously wound the target.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #14: April 30, 2013, 06:02:41 PM »

Try it out. It's one of my most favorite scrolls.