Author Topic: Looting  (Read 1713 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Looting
« Topic Start: April 30, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »
Previously, when the peasant militia was formed by repeated looting, it was still possible to attempt to loot. Most attempts would fail, but some would succeed.

Now it seems as if most people can't even try to loot once the militia has formed. But some do. What is it that lets some people loot and not others? Is it unit size? Unit type? Noble class?

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Looting
« Reply #1: April 30, 2013, 07:26:05 PM »
Up until recently I'd suspected it was unit size compared to the number of defending peasant militia. But now I'm not so sure after having a character leading 120 soldiers being unable to loot. Maybe it could have something to do with the type of looting? That's something I haven't investigated.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 30, 2013, 07:35:22 PM »
Hm. As far as I know, the militia shouldn't entirely prevent looting, just make it less likely.

Can you gather some more data on relative unit sizes and put in a proper bug report, please?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 30, 2013, 07:43:27 PM »
Maybe it could have something to do with the type of looting? That's something I haven't investigated.

No, in my experience it doesn't even let you choose a looting type; it just gives you the "can't loot because of militia" message.

Can you gather some more data on relative unit sizes and put in a proper bug report, please?

I'll try my best.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile