Author Topic: To join realm - Nothoi, OG, Sint or Melhed?  (Read 27309 times)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Melhed is warring with Thalmarkin. Its not that much underdog, Thallies has a bit more nobles(or atleast used to have). At beginning Thalmarkin advanced pretty well, but for now there has been few even battles and Melhed has taken back lost regions.

I bet both realms, Thalmarkin and Melhed are fun to play with atleast Thalmarkin is :)
~Violence is always an option!~

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
War is brewing in the south if you don't want to be involved in the Melhed/Thalmarkin conflict. Looks like it will be Riombara versus Enweil & allies(?). Will be an interesting war by the looks of it. Neither side has their capital close to the front lines but Riombara can set sail from their capital and reach the border quicker I would expect. Plus Riombara has a larger economy and military than Enweil. So for Enweil it will depend on what realms send troops or other aid.

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Melhed is warring with Thalmarkin. Its not that much underdog, Thallies has a bit more nobles(or atleast used to have). At beginning Thalmarkin advanced pretty well, but for now there has been few even battles and Melhed has taken back lost regions.

I bet both realms, Thalmarkin and Melhed are fun to play with atleast Thalmarkin is :)

Haha, i am sorry but Thal has 48 nobles. Melhed has 28. I don't see how that's "a bit more nobles". :)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Haha, i am sorry but Thal has 48 nobles. Melhed has 28. I don't see how that's "a bit more nobles". :)

I keep trying to explain this idea that Melhed isn't an underdog. Thal's RCs suck. Suuuuuck. I think it has two good RCs, and they're still not as good as four or five different ones in Melhed. Its infrastructure is still largely in shambles. They have about 2,000 gold more than Melhed, that's true. They also have double the nobles. That's far less gold per noble, to recruit far crappier soldiers. At least ten of Thal's nobles aren't even at the front. Instead, they're busy wandering around the frozen wasteland, putting out monster fires every turn. So much for that noble advantage. Melhed's recruited almost as much mobile CS as Thal has, every time. With half the nobles.

IMO, the only reason Melhed hasn't secured a lasting advantage in this war is strategy and execution.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:55:12 PM by Solari »

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I keep trying to explain this idea that Melhed isn't an underdog. Thal's RCs suck. Suuuuuck. I think it has two good RCs, and they're still not as good as four or five different ones in Melhed. Its infrastructure is still largely in shambles. They have about 2,000 gold more than Melhed, that's true. They also have double the nobles. That's far less gold per noble, to recruit far crappier soldiers. At least ten of Thal's nobles aren't even at the front. Instead, they're busy wandering around the frozen wasteland, putting out monster fires every turn. So much for that noble advantage. Melhed's recruited almost as much mobile CS as Thal has, every time. With half the nobles.

IMO, the only reason Melhed hasn't secured a lasting advantage in this war is strategy and execution.

Having ~20 more nobles definitely does make a difference. Let's just agree to disagree and not sideline the OP's question :)

I'd think the Melhed-Thalmarkin war is more fun because refit times are pretty quick, but whatever goes down between Enweil and Rio will be a long slog back and forth from the frontlines as Sypher pointed out. But I don't know the activity in those realms and how much RP-chicanery is going on.

I think Bel is about to see a couple more wars pop up, maybe from unexpected places based on old almost-forgotten claims... but that's just speculation. The end of invasions has made petty human memories a lot clearer to press old vendettas!

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, good point: Enweil. Join Enweil.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, good point: Enweil. Join Enweil.

I'm totally pro-Enweil, but I think he'll find Melhed to be more fun, unless things changed drastically in my absence.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
As it looks now I'll join Melhed since so many have pointed me in that direction. If someone wants to change my mind (s)he better do it soon  ;D
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
As it looks now I'll join Melhed since so many have pointed me in that direction. If someone wants to change my mind (s)he better do it soon  ;D

Look forward to starving you in the next few seasons. ;)

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Haha, nobody mentioned anything else except "a bit more nobles". And by the way(here comes the real debate), so perhaps you are assuming there are no monsters and infestation in our land? And perhaps you are saying our strategy sucks because we have less nobles and some were quite inactives...hmm. Okay. :)

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Go to Riombara! We get to use boats all the time!

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Haha, nobody mentioned anything else except "a bit more nobles". And by the way(here comes the real debate), so perhaps you are assuming there are no monsters and infestation in our land? And perhaps you are saying our strategy sucks because we have less nobles and some were quite inactives...hmm. Okay. :)

Your strategy sucks because anyone who assessed the situation, instead of convincing themselves of a completely wrongheaded appraisal of the enemy, could've beaten Thalmarkin with your fundamentals. You have inactive nobles? Who doesn't? Arrakis could've beaten Thalmarkin, too, if he had the support of the rest of the hierarchy. Ask anyone else on these forums who plays in Thal. Who's the one person who constantly complained about Melhed's numerous advantages? Me. Someone, or some group, has blown this war for Melhed.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:56:02 AM by Solari »

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Look forward to starving you in the next few seasons. ;)

Haha :D

Jupiter Kain is now a part of Melhed. Let's see how this fares.

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
It is quite funny because since the maps were changed, the political map you're given when you're choosing a realm is a little outdated.

I'm not sure this link will work http://www.battlemaster.org/PoliticalMap.php?World=4  but the invasion is still ongoing and Thalmarkin is about half their current size.

Luckily I knew it was outdated but others may not be so lucky.

Isn't there a way to show these new updated maps even "outside the game"?

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Your strategy sucks because anyone who assessed the situation, instead of convincing themselves of a completely wrongheaded appraisal of the enemy, could've beaten Thalmarkin with your fundamentals. You have inactive nobles? Who doesn't? Arrakis could've beaten Thalmarkin, too, if he had the support of the rest of the hierarchy. Ask anyone else on these forums who plays in Thal. Who's the one person who constantly complained about Melhed's numerous advantages? Me. Someone, or some group, has blown this war for Melhed.

Haha, anything you said, milord. :)