Author Topic: To join realm - Nothoi, OG, Sint or Melhed?  (Read 27306 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
It is quite funny because since the maps were changed, the political map you're given when you're choosing a realm is a little outdated.
Please report this on the bug tracker.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
They have also, thus far, held to a higher standard of war,

I call BS but I'm biased

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I call BS but I'm biased

What happened was: Melhed and Thal wrote a treaty for how to fight the war. Melhed ruler broke the treaty and said he didnt give !@#$ about it since he didnt sign it personally. Thalmarkin started to do the exact things that was written in the treaty to avenge Melheds breaking (and execution of Thalmarkian noble). Thal contacted the new ruler of Melhed about the possibility of a new treaty to be written and was ignored.

The only reason Melhed hasnt done the same back is that all fighting is made on their lands (except for 3 Melite nobles looting some rurals in the north) and they cant go around looting themselves without looking remarkably silly.
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
What happened was: Melhed and Thal wrote a treaty for how to fight the war. Melhed ruler broke the treaty and said he didnt give !@#$ about it since he didnt sign it personally. Thalmarkin started to do the exact things that was written in the treaty to avenge Melheds breaking (and execution of Thalmarkian noble). Thal contacted the new ruler of Melhed about the possibility of a new treaty to be written and was ignored.

The only reason Melhed hasnt done the same back is that all fighting is made on their lands (except for 3 Melite nobles looting some rurals in the north) and they cant go around looting themselves without looking remarkably silly.

Was Maya's looting so effective that Sandefur is now a rural? ;)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I don't remember to see any attack against Agyr...
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile

That would've been an improvement actually. Sandefur is the Juarez of Thalmarkin.

I don't remember to see any attack against Agyr...

Must not be looking hard enough! *Drags this convo back to the war thread.*
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

Sandefur is a rural? What the heck?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It refers to this statement:

(except for 3 Melite nobles looting some rurals in the north)

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Nothoi worships battle mechs...

Battle mechs? Since when?

And I think the problem with the "apathy" is that the regions are taking just to much time to recover after the invasion...it´s been almost an year since it was over and yet most of the regions, at least in Nothoi, are destroyed and not even capable of sustaining  infrastructure.

But well, war is coming anyway.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Gustav Kuriga

And I think the problem with the "apathy" is that the regions are taking just to much time to recover after the invasion...it´s been almost an year since it was over and yet most of the regions, at least in Nothoi, are destroyed and not even capable of sustaining  infrastructure.

But well, war is coming anyway.

The same way with Enweil. I think Beluaterra could have done with a boost to population, maybe explaining it away as the peasants "celebrating" the end of having to fear for their lives at every moment instead of only once in a while.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Everything in Thal except for Vore and maybe Yermon was genocided or covered in blight as well. I didn't realize Reeds was still that depopulated though, what was it's lowest point?
Unger never went below 8,000 luckily but it's only been full again since last week.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

The Daishi religion is the worship of "giant armored gods".

Its material is, as I understand it, largely cribbed from BattleTech.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The same way with Enweil. I think Beluaterra could have done with a boost to population, maybe explaining it away as the peasants "celebrating" the end of having to fear for their lives at every moment instead of only once in a while.

I agreed and makes sense.

Luckily Old Grehk didnt have much damage inflicted, Ossmat recovered fairly quickly and has been at full capacity for quite some time now. Others have not been so lucky, like Nothoi and are still recovering. Perhaps a blessing in disguise that invasions as we know them are not going to happen anymore, It would be bad to start another one when many regions are still recovering from the last one.

Hopefully the upcoming wars will kill the apathy that has set in :)
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
The Daishi religion is the worship of "giant armored gods".

Its material is, as I understand it, largely cribbed from BattleTech.

This. Read up on Daishi, the more details you find, the more blatant it becomes.

As for Enweil, it recovered a far amount of regions that had been blighted, some of them, like Ete, had been blighted since maybe even two invasions prior.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron