Author Topic: Offtopic  (Read 27562 times)

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Offtopic
« Topic Start: April 29, 2013, 10:50:02 PM »
I just wanted to chime in here with what I think is useful testimony. I don't have material evidence - I never bothered to store it - but I do have my experience of what I have witnessed in regards to this case and in particular allegations made against Kyle.

For the last several months I have seen what could be tantamount to a driven, deliberate, and vindictive OOC campaign against Kyle. I would prefer to abstain from mentioning names or pointing fingers, but certainly the messages and behavior I have seen from certain players in Swordfell - on both the forum and in the game - seem startling in their directed intent against Kyle.

Kyle and I are well acquainted, but rather than this coloring my opinion, it has allowed me access to his side of the story and to long discussions of these OOC infractions.

I genuinely believe that there has been a trend of making Kyle out to be the bad guy OOC, to discredit him, to utilize methods outside of the game to provoke reactions. I see no other logical recourse for, say, the things Bowie has done. Or for this.

Did Kyle lash out? Yes - on Facebook. Outside of the purview of the game. I believe he reached a breaking point - understandably so. In this case in particular, I feel as though both sides had disproportionate reactions - particularly as I do not believe the Jaeger roleplays to be hurting anyone or written in anything less than a spirit of fun.

I have seen players make remarks towards Kyle and his character that would deeply offend anyone and I think it is a real shame that part of our community has made one of our players feel isolated, targeted, and angry.
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me