Author Topic: Offtopic  (Read 27551 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Offtopic
« Topic Start: April 30, 2013, 12:05:15 AM »
I can testify that one of the early things Kyle did when he began receiving this absurd OOC harassment was to vent to me on IRC—which I had no problem with; I'm a veteran ventee.

I was frustrated that there didn't seem much that could be done about it, particularly because, at that point (gotta be at least a couple months ago now—right back around the foundation of Swordfell), while it was seriously aggravating, I didn't think it had risen to the level at which it was appropriate for Titans or Magistrates to get involved.

But it's been much more frustrating to see him get reported multiple times for the much rarer occasions when he strikes back, while it seemed clear to me, at least, that the worse offenders were those needling him constantly.

This strikes me as being very much like the classic playground game of "see how far we can taunt the weird kid until he hits one of us and gets sent to detention, while we all get off scott-free, sniggering behind our hands."

I will grant, for the sake of full disclosure, that I do not have the whole story, and have most of it only secondhand through Kyle himself, but given that it's been corroborated by multiple people here, I honestly don't see any reason to suppose that what I have heard is not representative of the whole story.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan