Author Topic: Offtopic  (Read 27521 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Offtopic
« Reply #15: April 30, 2013, 08:27:26 PM »
Per the rules, I have removed a few offtopic posts.

Kyle:
Please file a report against the players that are harassing you. I will move any evidence posted in this thread to that Magistrate case.

If you want to provide emails as evidence--and I think it's pretty clear that sending insults OOC to a personal email account is against the social contract--I can help you post those. Send me a PM if you like.

I think this has gotten to the point where Tom should look at the message logs of everyone in Swordfell. Some 14-day account locks may help cool things off. Yes, Kyle may be deserving of one of those locks.

This.

Because as best I can tell, Kyle is breaking the social contract pretty regularly.

BUT, it seems possible to me he's not alone: he just doesn't report.

He needs to report. Because guess what? The weird kid on the playground being taunted still hit a kid. That's still not okay. Growing up, I kinda was the kid getting taunted: you still don't have license to lash out. Yes, the taunters and goaders need to be punished too. Like I said in an earlier case relating to Kyle, "A plague on both your houses."

We have evidence here relating to one player. We can rule on that one player. If Tom wants to hit a larger group of players with a punishment, he can. Or if Kyle would like to open a case against a group of individuals, he can. And I'm happy to rule on those cases on the same standards.

But let's be clear: two wrongs don't make a right. It may be that Kyle was provoked. That matters literally not at all for his individual case. Now, it gives us a good idea that probably there's a bigger issue with a group of players we need to look into: so Kyle, name names. Provide e-mails: you can do it privately if you prefer.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner