Author Topic: Offtopic  (Read 27517 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Offtopic
« Reply #15: May 01, 2013, 05:00:10 PM »
So you want to punish a person that his harass report wen un punished in order to learn what lesson? That when he is the complainer people drop the case while when he is the accused he receives punishment?

I really don't understand your logic.

We ask him to bring evidence but when he did we din't even punished properly. How fair.

I was opposed to the early involvement of the Titans as well. No, it's not fair the way things have worked out. I expect there's probably a solid half dozen harassment cases or so that need to be brought up and worked out. But past errors should not be used to prevent the Magistrates from doing what they should do now: which is rule on the darn case.

Right. Because getting a former Titan and a current Dev to corroborate reports of harassment is totally the same thing as finding some random nutjobs to agree that a pig might have flown.

I take umbrage at your insinuations of my own untrustworthiness, Vellos.

No Tim, I don't think you're lying or untrustworthy. I think that the whole point of the Magistrates vs. the Titans is to actually have things out in a fairly public and transparent fashion that players can rely on to produce reasonable, understandable results. If every time we get a harassment case we apply special standards and have different, atypical process where we drop some, use Titans for others, etc, etc, that defeats the whole point. We'd be better off just having harassment cases go straight to the Titans.

We need to rule on the evidence we have. If it is incomplete, that is the fault of the two parties involved. If Kyle has been the subject of far worse, then it should be a simple matter for him to open a case, and maybe this time the Titans won't shut down the process.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner