Author Topic: Offtopic  (Read 27525 times)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Offtopic
« Reply #15: May 01, 2013, 10:01:59 PM »
As far as this case goes, the most relevant extenuating factors here would be evidence of an apology or some sense of remorse on the part of Kyle himself. Since those are notably lacking, I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for him at the moment. ... particularly since Shizzle has gone out of his way to extend an olive branch here.

Having spoken with Woelfy, I was aware of some of the OOC harassment he was receiving but I wasn't aware of the extent.

Woelfy is a very fair guy, but he's definitely not a live and let live. I fully agree with the way he has tried to defend himself, and tbh to see Shizzle suddenly apologetic the moment the teacher/professor/parents are involved reflects who he is. Woelfy isn't lashing out because he's a bad guy, it's because he's being pushed to the edge and right now I feel like some of the magistrates need to look less at the letter of the law and more at the spirit and the fact that this is supposed to be a game amongst friends.

To me, Woelfy is playing a game with friends. When people are being irritating he's trying to work it out instead of calling in mom and dad to fix everything. The people on the other side who are continually filing reports about him are not playing like friends, they're playing like socially deficient internet trolls who are trying to use the authority figures in the game to further their aims.

Dwilight has lost a very good, dynamic character and player because some people didn't like either. This sounds like the Dwilight I know so far, and I hate that that's true. There are deep reasons why Dwilight is growing stagnant, this is simply a manifestation of it.