Author Topic: Email notification when paused.  (Read 2570 times)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
Email notification when paused.
« Topic Start: May 07, 2013, 03:32:18 PM »
I am playing Might & Fealty and I receive a notification for everything, and I know Tali received also one saying she did not log in for xx days.

I would like to know why we don't have it at Battlemaster too. At least the one about paused chars.

It would be good to know that you would receive a alert before your account disappear.
If we could have a Newsletter with some news, some changes in the features, like one per month, I also think people would like and we could even have some old players back. We have one right now just because I shared one of those posts at Facebook.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Email notification when paused.
« Reply #1: May 07, 2013, 09:32:49 PM »
It would be good to know that you would receive a alert before your account disappear.

You do.

I don't remember the details, but BM sends out 2-3 mails if you go inactive, and definitely shortly before deleting an account.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 07, 2013, 11:15:48 PM »
If we could have a Newsletter with some news, some changes in the features, like one per month, I also think people would like and we could even have some old players back.

This is a nice idea. At the very least it's another way to notify people of changes in the game beyond the log in screen.

There used to be emails back in the day about the game and then I think for roleplays, wasn't there?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:29:39 AM by Ender »

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 07, 2013, 11:46:48 PM »
I do really enjoy the idea of a monthly BM Newsletter.

It could contain news from the devs on new features, approved feature requests, and bug fixes, etc.
Perhaps a blurb from Tom from time to time, news on MF development for instance.
And then maybe even some folks who enjoyed doing articles like the Tattlemaster and The Journal.

Could be pretty cool and it could help involve people in the community have don't like or don't have time for the forums.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 08, 2013, 05:42:50 AM »
Hell, if you want to make it easy, to start with at least, just post out a Newsletter containing all the in-game events and stuff that go on Facebook.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 08, 2013, 05:59:16 AM »
You do.

I don't remember the details, but BM sends out 2-3 mails if you go inactive, and definitely shortly before deleting an account.

We receive a email also when autopause?
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 08, 2013, 06:47:09 AM »
Hell, if you want to make it easy, to start with at least, just post out a Newsletter containing all the in-game events and stuff that go on Facebook.

You are right. We can start it here. We can do a model and see if more people like it.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 08, 2013, 07:29:36 AM »
You are right. We can start it here. We can do a model and see if more people like it.

I would volunteer to help if others were interested.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 14, 2013, 07:31:19 PM »
I think you can do this with Azerax, using the posts he use for Facebook and many people dont read because many aren't at the group there.