Author Topic: Barony of Makar these days?  (Read 30808 times)

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
Re: Barony of Makar these days?
« Reply #15: May 09, 2013, 10:41:25 PM »
That made me chuckle, considering that Kerwin is partly to blame for their destruction.  Sure Rieleston would have likely gotten involved at some point, but Kerwin's presence in Heorot sealed (RP-wise) Rieleston's early involvement.

I still don't buy that reason. Were all of the realms currently destroying Heorot planning to attack the Barony? Considering how much time he spent in the Barony just before the split, it didn't seem such a pressing issue for everyone before Heorot was formed. Or was someone making plans to kick Kerwin out of BoM?

Elroy

« Reply #16: May 09, 2013, 10:59:19 PM »
I can't speak for the other realms, but Kerwin's presence was always an issue with Rieleston.

Heorot was just unlucky enough to have both Kerwin (Rieleston's issue) and Brackhead (Minas Leon's issue).  Eston had no reason to attack other than desperation to be relevant....and that really isn't working out successfully.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 11:03:48 PM by Elroy »

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 09, 2013, 11:07:56 PM »
Heorot was just unlucky enough to have both Kerwin (Rieleston's issue) and Brackhead (Minas Leon's issue).

Fair enough. I knew Brackhead was the apple of Minas Leon's eye. I think the rumors that Sordnaz was planning to hand Brackhead over to them was one of Duke Salem's reasons for joining Heorot anyway.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 09, 2013, 11:45:58 PM »
Fair enough. I knew Brackhead was the apple of Minas Leon's eye. I think the rumors that Sordnaz was planning to hand Brackhead over to them was one of Duke Salem's reasons for joining Heorot anyway.

So Sordnaz is still the ruler of BoM? That's gotta be a record, at least on Atamara? Universe-wide I think doombringer/Dobromir Menethil on EC (Caligus) might be another contender.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 10, 2013, 12:01:19 AM »
But yes, since I am then considering other realms...

What is the deal with Lyonesse and Rieleston? Any good? Heorot was dead in the water then? It is a shame indeed since it sounded fun on wiki. The first two I mentioned don't even really have a wiki-presence yet.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 10, 2013, 12:06:49 AM »
Yeah, Heorot is dead. We're down to a rural and two cities. Well, my character is wounded so that may have changed, but I'm fairly certain Makar hasnt fallen yet and Brackhead is still there.

Sordnaz autopaused, I believe, around the time Heorot split off and another character is ruler now. I'm not sure what he record was, but he was ruler pretty much uninterrupted, save for a few other autopause situations, for years.

If I were to play on Atamara after this, I'd check out Darka since they always sounded fun personally. That or the Empire itself. They've always been big and influential, so there could be something there worth checking out.

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 10, 2013, 12:17:44 AM »
Yeah, Heorot is dead. We're down to a rural and two cities. Well, my character is wounded so that may have changed, but I'm fairly certain Makar hasnt fallen yet and Brackhead is still there.

Sordnaz autopaused, I believe, around the time Heorot split off and another character is ruler now. I'm not sure what he record was, but he was ruler pretty much uninterrupted, save for a few other autopause situations, for years.

If I were to play on Atamara after this, I'd check out Darka since they always sounded fun personally. That or the Empire itself. They've always been big and influential, so there could be something there worth checking out.

No way to save Heorot? There has to be! Do you know anything about the other two I mentioned?

I do think Darka sounds fun too but my objection to Darka is that it is too large for my taste. It feels like I am coming in there and there is nothing more to do since "the empire" is long completed.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 10, 2013, 12:50:01 AM »
Not a whole bunch, myself. They're fragments of Eston that the Empire carved up. Im pretty sure most of them are planning on joining back up, or have factions that plan to, once the treaty forcing them to stay apart is over. Though I know some are working with other goals in mind in the former Eston pieces too.

Darka is fighting the Empire! The last ones doing it too though for how much longer before peace happens, I dont know. Technically, the problem with Atarmara is that once the Empire has won the Empire almost sort of is Atamara at that point. Im curious how that will all turn out.

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 10, 2013, 01:18:16 AM »
Yeah..bad choice of words on my part. I just meant that considering Darkas size, it is an empire in its own right.

But the realm does seem interesting so if I can put it past myself that they are abit large for my taste, I might be able to convince myself to try anyway.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 10, 2013, 01:41:29 AM »
That made me chuckle, considering that Kerwin is partly to blame for their destruction.

Kerwin had nothing to do with Heorot. He was simply a Knight in a rural region of the Duchy that seceded to form it and all of a sudden I logged in one day "Welcome to Heorot!" So, I don't think that reason holds up very well. Why wasn't Rielston warring BoM before that, then?

Then again, every seems to have some weird obsession with Kerwin for some reason.

What is the deal with Lyonesse and Rieleston? Any good? Heorot was dead in the water then? It is a shame indeed since it sounded fun on wiki. The first two I mentioned don't even really have a wiki-presence yet.

Lyonesse has some interesting things going on I know of. It is indeed small though.

Rieleston is a toxic pit of OOC friends who all empower each other and make no attempt to play the game IC. Every argument or point of conflict turns immediately into an OOC dispute with those players.

Technically, the problem with Atarmara is that once the Empire has won the Empire almost sort of is Atamara at that point. Im curious how that will all turn out.

Oh, it's worse than you think: every realm on the island is allied with the Cagilan Empire except for Darka and the (soon) dead Heorot. BoM is not technically, but I'm sure of their stance now given they are helping Rieleston and Minas Leon take down Heorot so they may as well be considered a part of it too.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 10, 2013, 01:57:39 AM »
In my experience, Perth, having no influence within a realm, or even desire to be there, is absolutely no barrier to other realms deciding that your presence means the realm deserves to die.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: May 10, 2013, 02:21:36 AM »
Wait, wasn't Kerwin supposed to leave the island?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 10, 2013, 02:36:21 AM »
In my experience, Perth, having no influence within a realm, or even desire to be there, is absolutely no barrier to other realms deciding that your presence means the realm deserves to die.

I know. I'm just saying it wasn't like Kerwin had anything to do with the realm in any more way than he did with the Barony. Or even that Heorot meant to have him in the realm.

Wait, wasn't Kerwin supposed to leave the island?

Shhhhh....  ;)

We all know that was way to harsh a punishment, anyways. Right, guys?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: May 10, 2013, 06:03:16 AM »
Technically, the problem with Atarmara is that once the Empire has won the Empire almost sort of is Atamara at that point. Im curious how that will all turn out.

In all likelihood? A bunch of overly contrived gangbangs. Inevitably, some realm will give the Empire an excuse to meddle with their affairs. I mean, people can try to stay quiet and beneath the Empire's notice, but it's sort of impossible for everyone to succeed at that simultaneously without literally sucking all the fun out of Atamara (though it would serve the Empire right for reducing the continent to such a pathetic state of affairs). So, someone will !@#$ up and the Empire will come down on them like a ton of proverbial bricks. And then it will happen again. And again. And again. I mean, that's pretty much exactly what's been going on for a long time now, excluding the present war, although if anything it will be even worse once that is concluded. At least before the war you had a number of large, nominally independent realms that didn't necessarily toe the Cagilan line all the time. That number has been drastically reduced by this war. There is no conceivable combination of realms left that could even pretend to give the Empire and its friends a fair fight unless Tara turns on them, but that will never happen while the Perkeleet family is around (which is as good as saying it will never happen). I mean, let's just stop pretending already and call Tara what it is:  The sixth duchy of the Cagilan Empire.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: May 10, 2013, 08:22:32 AM »
I mean, let's just stop pretending already and call Tara what it is:  The sixth duchy of the Cagilan Empire.

You'd actually be surprised to hear that Tara sometimes disagrees, quite vehemently, with the Empire. Not every day, but on occasion. Tara certainly isn't the pushover that people imagine it to be.