Author Topic: Barony of Makar these days?  (Read 30894 times)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Barony of Makar these days?
« Reply #60: June 18, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »
Darkan Dukes have 50,000 gold saved up supposedly. So, in order to break them you cannot rely on attrition. You must instead go for a decapitating blow, by capturing their capital. In order to do this, you must outmanoeuvre them rather than face them head on. They must be be made to think that you are en route towards the traditional meeting place of Loratil, when in fact you have broken the treaty with Talerium and are marching on Azzal instead.

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #61: June 18, 2013, 07:42:13 PM »
You all so funny...

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: June 18, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
Darkan Dukes have 50,000 gold saved up supposedly. So, in order to break them you cannot rely on attrition. You must instead go for a decapitating blow, by capturing their capital. In order to do this, you must outmanoeuvre them rather than face them head on. They must be be made to think that you are en route towards the traditional meeting place of Loratil, when in fact you have broken the treaty with Talerium and are marching on Azzal instead.

Unlikely. Though, I have to admit, I would enjoy a strong sense of schadenfreude if Talerium ended up stabbing Darka in the back.

flames

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: June 19, 2013, 07:01:02 PM »
Darka is invincible!
But... but it will be destroyed!!! (At last, my character hopes so))) Maybe we can hit them in the heads with gold nuggets? %)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: June 19, 2013, 08:39:07 PM »
heh, you guys have gone too far with your destroying fetish... Aint it enough if you win? No! We want to destroy! :D

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: June 19, 2013, 09:05:15 PM »
The only way to destroy Darka is to either sack Azzal or take Talerium on your side.

To put it simple it is nearly impossible to do it as long as Talerium stays neutral.

Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: June 19, 2013, 09:35:24 PM »
Who said the goal was to destroy Darka?

Yeah, its damn near impossible Talerium isn't gonna budge and no other nations seems as if they are going to get on board to fight Darka. I personally though do think the Darkan's are having such fun up there with them large units and funds up to wazoo.

Also, Talerium would be a fool I think to war Darka especially since Azzal is right there... realm would be more of a barren waste land than it already is, but hey if they did it would get more interesting!
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: June 19, 2013, 09:44:58 PM »
Also, Talerium would be a fool I think to war Darka especially since Azzal is right there... realm would be more of a barren waste land than it already is, but hey if they did it would get more interesting!

They could easily win if they joined the current war.

What's more is that they would stand to profit the most by expanding into Darka.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: June 19, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »
They would profit, but then again who could trust them after they turned on their 8-9 year long friendship with Darka? Also, I don't think that they could hold many of the regions, without a swarm of new arrives to that realm. Talerium had same borders primarily since 04 hasn't it?
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

flames

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: June 19, 2013, 10:10:13 PM »
heh, you guys have gone too far with your destroying fetish... Aint it enough if you win? No! We want to destroy! :D

-Jaune
It's fun to destroy, isn't it? And wasn't it Darka's point that Atamara needs changes - that would be a change, having no Darka)) And, of course, Darka's residents would have more reasons for revenge then, which would be also cool from player's perspective.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: June 19, 2013, 10:14:53 PM »
It's fun to destroy, isn't it? And wasn't it Darka's point that Atamara needs changes - that would be a change, having no Darka)) And, of course, Darka's residents would have more reasons for revenge then, which would be also cool from player's perspective.

Do you have any idea of the following?

1. That it is essentially impossible for Darka to be "destroyed" let alone defeated at all?

2. Having no Darka won't change anything about Atamaran politics other than perhaps making more players leave the island.

3. Darka's residents don't need anymore reason for revenge. If they wanted a reason they've been given plenty.

Finally, disregarding that, the whole idea of "destroying realms" in war, is very bad for the game atmosphere in my opinion. Not every war was a war fought for total destruction. How is it fun to ever contemplate conflict when you know that to lose means to lose everything?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: June 19, 2013, 10:17:57 PM »
Who said the goal was to destroy Darka?

Yeah, its damn near impossible Talerium isn't gonna budge and no other nations seems as if they are going to get on board to fight Darka. I personally though do think the Darkan's are having such fun up there with them large units and funds up to wazoo.

Some people mentioned the word destroy quite a lot , thus my answer to them.

If Talerium joined the war it would be like a walk in the zoo to destroy Darka along with CE and Tara. :P

And be sure no one would distrust them,CE would know better than distrust them after winning Darka for them :P

But i do believe they won't, they are weird people and they do honor their treaties and friendships . As long as KK is King and Tezokian PM that is...dunno what would happen if that combo changed.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:22:42 PM by Lavigna »

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: June 19, 2013, 10:21:15 PM »

Flames as much as i find amusing the fact you hate Darka so much when you hardly spent half year in the realm i do have to ruin the fun for you :( Darka surely can't win foreva...but getting destroyed is like out of question :P unless a duke goes berserk and ruins the realm from the inside..oh wait...such thing would never happen to Darka :P

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: June 19, 2013, 10:37:25 PM »
I think we might have a bit diffrent view what kind of change Atamara needs :D

I'm pretty sure, that wiping out realms totally, or making them lose bad, real bad... will only lead people to leave island(voluntarily or forced)... which sucks these days. Darka has a lot nobles, but many realms lack nobles and could definately have more.

Example if Darka would be wiped out or KK forced to leave island and Darka would be left with few badlands at north... I would prolly leave island with my other char too, and i can guess that many other old Darkans would too, and some even quit whole game.

Red Span wipeout, many fun players left, i didnt feel bad back then... but now i do. Abington wiped out, many old players left... then i felt a bit bad, we run out of enemy :P

I guess i'm getting old, cause i dont want to lose any players from Atamara, or the game... IC it would be hilarious to force council of CE & Tara to leave island and force them to split out all duchies to dozen midget realms... but as a player... it would suck... except the midget realms would amuse me greatly as player too....
~Violence is always an option!~

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: June 19, 2013, 10:57:32 PM »
The only way to destroy Darka is to either sack Azzal or take Talerium on your side.

To put it simple it is nearly impossible to do it as long as Talerium stays neutral.

Right, but CE & Co. have to do something, right? I mean, they can't just ignore what Darka did. Hence why they're still marching back and forth and trying to bleed you to death, only very, very slowly...

Out of curiosity, have you heard anything about terms yet? I seem to recall that Darka has asked for them, but I'm not sure if you've gotten any answers back.