Author Topic: Barony of Makar these days?  (Read 30822 times)

Eirikr

Re: Barony of Makar these days?
« Reply #45: June 15, 2013, 08:16:32 PM »
That is why Heorot was formed. The Barony of Makar had become the definition of stagnation and the Veder Saga's are one of the most frequently autopaused families I've ever seen in this game.

There was a reason Ender stopped giving them lordships back in the Barony. Having them in nearly every important position, this was, sadly, bound to happen.

Ayup. Free land for Lyonesse or Rieleston, I guess.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: June 15, 2013, 09:34:59 PM »
Has been the writing on the walls for a while now.

But holy crap--this war was seem the destruction of every traditional Northern realm in Atamara-- Eston, BoM, Minas Ithil.. all gone.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: June 15, 2013, 10:02:52 PM »
Actually, I'm pretty sure all the realms currently involved were willing to attack BoM except Talerium. Caergoth just wanted some action, Minas Leon wanted Brackhead, Rieleston wanted to help the CE, and Lyonesse... I think was going to take a small segment of lands? Might be wrong on Lyonesse.

Lyonesse was actually very adamant about refusing spoils of war. The king declined offers of land and even disparaged a noble for looting Hereot lands, saying that he might have to reimburse Hereot for any gold that was stolen. The fact that Fiddleford was conquered by Lyonesse was purely a fluke.

The reason for Lyonesse' participation was that Hereot's king announced that he was going to raid surrounding lands, which the king of Lyonesse interpreted as a threat.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: June 16, 2013, 05:09:29 AM »
But holy crap--this war was seem the destruction of every traditional Northern realm in Atamara-- Eston, BoM, Minas Ithil.. all gone.

Good!

Now let's finish off Darka and move on to the Southern realms  8)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: June 16, 2013, 02:05:22 PM »
Eston is still there, BoM is still there... and ofcourse Darka is still here...

South and east was already destroyed, there is only Carelia left.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Eirikr

« Reply #50: June 17, 2013, 03:50:29 AM »
Lyonesse was actually very adamant about refusing spoils of war. The king declined offers of land and even disparaged a noble for looting Hereot lands, saying that he might have to reimburse Hereot for any gold that was stolen. The fact that Fiddleford was conquered by Lyonesse was purely a fluke.

The reason for Lyonesse' participation was that Hereot's king announced that he was going to raid surrounding lands, which the king of Lyonesse interpreted as a threat.

That's why I said I might be wrong on them. I vaguely remembered their refusal, but couldn't recall why they did fight in the end.

As for Eston and BoM still being there, they're both shells of their former selves. BoM itself is dead inside and Eston is tiny and needy.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: June 17, 2013, 01:10:31 PM »
I had thought Lyonesse was sitting in Fiddleford before Ender ever said he'd make raid targets out of anyone who raised arms again him, but I can't remember for sure.

It's nice to know the mere thought of being raided by Vikings inspires that much fear though.  ;)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: June 17, 2013, 01:22:46 PM »
I would have liked to see Eston and Lyonesse side with Hereot. It would have provided Eston a chance to settle scores with Rieleston, as well as a better war.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: June 17, 2013, 03:55:33 PM »
It would have been against Hawthrone treaty and had brought war again on their lands.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Cagilan_Empire/The_Treaty_of_Hawthorne

IV.d. Eston and Hawthorne will adopt a diplomatic status of peace or better with Talerium, Tara, Strombran, Coria, Rieleston, and the Cagilan Empire, for a period of at least nine (9) months.

Nobody does nothing without having approval from the puppet mastah at center.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: June 18, 2013, 06:49:19 AM »
I'm so sorry that we keep winning wars.  :'( :'( :'(
------
qui audet vincit

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #55: June 18, 2013, 10:25:44 AM »
I'm so sorry that we keep winning wars.  :'( :'( :'(

Not very hard when you usually outnumber the enemy 5-1

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: June 18, 2013, 06:16:51 PM »
Not very hard when you usually outnumber the enemy 5-1

You say that....and yet Darka is still alive.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: June 18, 2013, 06:38:33 PM »
You say that....and yet Darka is still alive.

...And it's likely to stay that way. Given Enri's current strategy, I imagine it will take a long time for Darka to collapse.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: June 18, 2013, 06:39:50 PM »
...And it's likely to stay that way. Given Enri's current strategy, I imagine it will take a long time for Darka to collapse.

*Starts spreading rumors that Enri is a Darkan sympathizer*
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: June 18, 2013, 06:43:14 PM »
Darka is invincible!