Author Topic: I wish to be a commoner.  (Read 3443 times)

BattleMaster Server

I wish to be a commoner.
« Topic Start: May 09, 2013, 07:31:38 PM »
Summary:I wish to be a commoner.
Violation:I renounce my noble life and wish to join the ranks of the c
World:Dwilight
Complainer:Robin James
About:Tarajist

Full Complaint Text:
Lately I've been loosing allot of my old inspiration for Battlemaster. I'm finding the life of a 'noble' to be the same tired boring drudgery it has been for a few years. But oddities in the game have given me an idea how I might enjoy my time here again and contribute to the game at large. My character here on Dwilight is an old man who has acquired himself quite a legendary status over the years. The most honourable person on the island, a couple titles given to him by others that follow him around even though they are not the usual displayed titles (the Pirate King of the Far East and the Daimon Slayer of Beluaterra) and even the 'Rogue' realm of Dwilight up and elected him their 'King' which gave him a royal status in the realm he was in at the time, though there is no official rogue nation. I've always promoted the idea that Tarajist was a 'leader of men' and a proponent of honour and rights for all. I would like to propose that Tarajist be given the opportunity to become a 'Commoner'. I would like for him to have the opportunity to take the Adventurer class and withdraw from noble life.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: I wish to be a commoner.
« Reply #1: May 09, 2013, 07:35:18 PM »
If you want an adventurer named Tarajist, you're welcome to delete the character and recreate him as a commoner.

I don't mean to speak for the Magistrates, but I have a hard time seeing how this is within their—or anybody's—jurisdiction.

This just isn't what any of us are here for.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 09, 2013, 08:04:55 PM »
This ... is so not what the Magistrates are about.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 09, 2013, 08:29:36 PM »
This looks like a troll.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 09, 2013, 08:34:56 PM »
YES!

This means Kale moves up to 3rd most Honorable on Dwilight.  8)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 09, 2013, 10:13:34 PM »
If you're serious about this complain i believe we should give you sometime off BM to be honest to be whatever you want :P
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 09, 2013, 11:12:53 PM »
He is...unfortunately serious. How he came up with the idea that if he pleaded to the Magistrates he could become a commoner, I have no idea, but he is serious.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 10, 2013, 04:36:52 AM »
Here's the verdict:

Email Tom directly and make your case to him. He is the only one who can help you. Otherwise I suggest you follow Anaris' advice, make a new adventurer named Tarajist, and RP him as the original. I am locking this thread as it is not in any way related to what we do.