Author Topic: Feature Idea: Saved Message Drafts?  (Read 3451 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Feature Idea: Saved Message Drafts?
« Topic Start: May 09, 2013, 10:10:07 PM »
Idea for a new message feature: the ability to write a draft of a message and save it for use later.

Sometimes, I know I will need to send a message out at later time, but won't have time to sit and think about it and write it out at that time, would be nice to be able to save a draft of the letter and then come back to it later and send it.

Or sometimes it is beneficial to write a letter about a particularly sensitive subject, save it, and come back to it later and see if I still think I am addressing the issue in the best way, maybe revise or change something.

The feature, I would think, be implemented in another area as a "notes" feature for you to keep notes on various things, ideas, etc.

Thoughts?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Idea: Saved Message Drafts?
« Reply #1: May 10, 2013, 03:49:26 AM »
Although I would love something like this, I think it is not so important and, we can store notes and whatever in google docs, or dropbox, or some other websites that  have these options.

I would rather support the option to see send and received messages all together if I choose this option. The filter doesnt work so well when we have 150 messages in one day.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 10, 2013, 09:13:20 AM »
Although I would love something like this, I think it is not so important and, we can store notes and whatever in google docs, or dropbox, or some other websites that  have these options.

This is true, but you can also do that for messages you want to save and look at later, but the devs obviously thought that was valuable enough to make a feature for it so I don't think its a stretch for this one.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 10, 2013, 01:00:37 PM »
Instead of storing messages, a simple field you can edit (up to, say, 5000 words) added to your characters info page would be nice. This would allow you to keep personal notes on all kinds of things, including message drafts. Afaik that would be easier to code as no storage of recipient is needed, only a text field that saves entered data, doesn't get wiped, can be edited and only accessed by the character.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 12, 2013, 07:58:53 AM »
Instead of storing messages, a simple field you can edit (up to, say, 5000 words) added to your characters info page would be nice. This would allow you to keep personal notes on all kinds of things, including message drafts. Afaik that would be easier to code as no storage of recipient is needed, only a text field that saves entered data, doesn't get wiped, can be edited and only accessed by the character.

I would be happy with that.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 13, 2013, 06:12:16 AM »
I would favor more of a save draft of last unsent message.  MANY times I have gone to write a message around turn change, not be able to send it while turn change runs, and then it gets lost.  At times turn change can be the best time to play for most with limited time because they can more or less handle two turns at once.  I barely ever RP much these days because my message gets lost in calculations.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 13, 2013, 08:29:57 AM »
I would favor more of a save draft of last unsent message.  MANY times I have gone to write a message around turn change, not be able to send it while turn change runs, and then it gets lost.  At times turn change can be the best time to play for most with limited time because they can more or less handle two turns at once.  I barely ever RP much these days because my message gets lost in calculations.

I believe there is a browser add-on called Lazarus that solves this issue.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 13, 2013, 09:02:37 AM »
I believe there is a browser add-on called Lazarus that solves this issue.

Ah, yes. I used to have that - reinstalling :)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 13, 2013, 11:33:34 AM »
Lazarus doesn't work in Chrome for Battlemaster for me when writing letters, unless I hit the "Source" option, which makes everything else more inconvenient.