Author Topic: Multis locked in EC  (Read 12838 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Multis locked in EC
« Topic Start: May 11, 2013, 09:45:11 AM »
Sooooo......multis, eh? What's up with that?

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Multis locked in EC
« Reply #1: May 11, 2013, 09:48:22 AM »
What realm?

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 11, 2013, 09:49:14 AM »
A few, but it seems to be mainly OI that was hit.

Kaltenthal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 11, 2013, 12:15:06 PM »
I also clearly want to know what exactly happened that all of those players have been locked.
Can we please see the evidence that the GMs have for those accusations?!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 11, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »
Talking of multies, Dustole suggested that suspicious characters arrived in Aurvandil shortly after Mendicant's accounts were locked... was any investigation conducted on these new accounts, or did everyone just assume that locking all of that cheater's currents accounts alone would do the job?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 11, 2013, 01:28:43 PM »
I am personally quite sad but also angry about this, since Shady was my student when he started playing BM and this is not school I teach.
I believe I have raised some great players in BM and I always thought Shady was one of them.
This is really not good day. :(

I hope for the rest of OI that you get your things quickly together, on ruler channel Sirion has thankfully said that you get two weeks to reorganise posts. I hope Nivemus will do the same.
I think this is a fair time to make sure OI players can restructure and organise themselves so they can play the game again without disadvanatge they have now without being guilty themselves.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 11, 2013, 01:56:05 PM »
The evidence against Shady was even stronger than Mendicant. Mountains of technical data corroborated independently by other players with direct knowledge. We know this definitively. The best analogy is catching an employee stealing from the register, and then going back and checking the video tapes and accounting books for two years and seeing hundreds of instances. To the point about "accusations", they are not. This is the administrative action for what has been definitively proven. We don't share all of the evidence because it would violate the player's privacy and simply provide a roadmap for how to cheat and ruin the experience of hundreds of other players for two years.

EDIT: one thing that can probably be shared without consequence is that it was one main account (Shady's) controlling 7 others. A lot of nobles in OI, a lot in OG. All of them aiding Shady's characters in some way or another. This is all BESIDE the hard, technical, evidence, mind you. So, if Shady continues to protest his innocence to you privately, then I'm very sorry that he's put anyone in such an incredibly awkward position through a selfish decision to lie to his friends. This is why you don't cheat. The longer you get away with it, the greater the consequences when you're caught and the farther the fall. NOBODY enjoys it when this happens.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:18:47 PM by Solari »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 11, 2013, 02:25:04 PM »
As Solari says, evidence will not EVER be provided in cases of multi-accounting. It should be plainly obvious why this is the case. We do not lock accounts on a whim, and prefer to leave questionable cases alone for future checking.

Investigating multi-accounting cases is a very time consuming, demoralizing, and thoroughly unenjoyable process. It chews up many hours of the time of several dev team members who could otherwise be improving the game.

If one of these people who gets locked for multi-accounting approaches you to protest their innocence, remember rule #1 of multi-accounting: Multis are liars.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 11, 2013, 03:40:45 PM »
I am sad and shocked, again. More sad... I hope he will apologize and come back with some more experience for his life.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 11, 2013, 03:46:52 PM »
The evidence against Shady was even stronger than Mendicant. Mountains of technical data corroborated independently by other players with direct knowledge. We know this definitively. The best analogy is catching an employee stealing from the register, and then going back and checking the video tapes and accounting books for two years and seeing hundreds of instances. To the point about "accusations", they are not. This is the administrative action for what has been definitively proven. We don't share all of the evidence because it would violate the player's privacy and simply provide a roadmap for how to cheat and ruin the experience of hundreds of other players for two years.

EDIT: one thing that can probably be shared without consequence is that it was one main account (Shady's) controlling 7 others. A lot of nobles in OI, a lot in OG. All of them aiding Shady's characters in some way or another. This is all BESIDE the hard, technical, evidence, mind you. So, if Shady continues to protest his innocence to you privately, then I'm very sorry that he's put anyone in such an incredibly awkward position through a selfish decision to lie to his friends. This is why you don't cheat. The longer you get away with it, the greater the consequences when you're caught and the farther the fall. NOBODY enjoys it when this happens.

I am stunned.

I believe 3 of them are in OG from what I saw.

They must have been using their estates for gold to send to Shady would be my guess as they weren't active or vocal, except for Squall who was always on about becoming a Duke again or getting some regions to do his own realm.

Not good at all.
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 11, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »
Shady was also reading everything what was in Perdan Senate and was Marshal of Sirion Red Dragons.

I am sure this list can go on... and I am sure some took their toll here...  :(

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 11, 2013, 04:33:08 PM »
Six characters in OG, total. Once we allow for the affected accounts to appeal (which is a chance everyone gets, by the way), we'll list the characters/accounts.

Leon

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 11, 2013, 05:30:54 PM »
Intresting, one of the locked accounts was for the house family, whose member 'Foreman' was implicated in forging faked letters concerning SoA in foreign courts. I always tried to question the player about this but he never answered, I guess this makes everything fit together now.

Kaltenthal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 11, 2013, 07:38:26 PM »
I dont know enough about the Process of finding multis to say that it is a fact, but have you also investigated if there was a hack that all of the IPs of the locked accounts where redirected so that it looks as if they logged in from the same computer? Are there other indications that those accounts where definitely affiliated to each other then that ?

Also it is a great feat to send Gold from one continent to another to support a single character... if you have the time, Turner be shure to show me how this is done as it is impossible...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 11, 2013, 07:42:50 PM »
I dont know enough about the Process of finding multis to say that it is a fact, but have you also investigated if there was a hack that all of the IPs of the locked accounts where redirected so that it looks as if they logged in from the same computer? Are there other indications that those accounts where definitely affiliated to each other then that ?

Also it is a great feat to send Gold from one continent to another to support a single character... if you have the time, Turner be shure to show me how this is done as it is impossible...

The evidence won't be shown, and thus, it also won't be stated how he operated.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron