Author Topic: Where to start a new character  (Read 10402 times)

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Where to start a new character
« Topic Start: May 13, 2013, 04:41:08 PM »
Any realms need some new nobles?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Where to start a new character
« Reply #1: May 13, 2013, 04:45:20 PM »
Yes, everyone does! ;D Melhed and Thalmarkin are both at each other's throats and a war in the South between Riombara and Enweil (And possible some others) is breaking out soon as well. I know Riombara is certainly in need of more Nobles, and Fronen can use some as well now that we just lost two Nobles to pausing.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 13, 2013, 04:46:18 PM »
Of course, you'll have to start them elsewhere, and then immigrate to BT...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 13, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »
Melhed really could use a few more nobles! Join Melhed!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 13, 2013, 05:21:12 PM »
Any realms need some new nobles?

Every realm, everywhere, for the foreseeable future.

Except a chosen few like Aurvandil, and realms that are already dying and have a couple dozen nobles crammed into one or two regions...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 13, 2013, 08:22:41 PM »
Every realm, everywhere, for the foreseeable future.

Except a chosen few like Aurvandil, and realms that are already dying and have a couple dozen nobles crammed into one or two regions...

This is a Beluaterra thread :P

As for the question, I'd say Melhed or Thalmarkin (I'm in Melhed as you can see below in my signature). Those two have a war going while the rest of the continent seems to maybe get going within a certain time frame but for now, go for one of those.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 08:24:47 PM by Kain »
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 14, 2013, 01:16:36 AM »
Old Grehk needs nobles, considering we are going to lose a few because of the multi issue..

I guess alot of realms need nobles, I would suggest you look into each realm and find out which ones appeal to you and your style of playing before deciding where to go :)
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 14, 2013, 03:12:10 AM »
Join Fronen.. I'm sure this realm will get more region and will be more influences realm in future.. Maybe can be CE of beluaterra.. :)

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #8: May 14, 2013, 03:29:36 AM »
Join Fronen.. I'm sure this realm will get more region and will be more influences realm in future.. Maybe can be CE of beluaterra.. :)

Have other 4 realms helping it and still fail to win battles?

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #9: May 14, 2013, 03:30:30 AM »
Join Thalmarkin. If it's good enough for Darkans it's good enough for you too.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 14, 2013, 03:49:37 AM »
Join Thalmarkin. If it's good enough for Darkans it's good enough for you too.

Psh. Darka is good enough for Thallies.

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #11: May 14, 2013, 03:57:05 AM »
Psh. Darka is good enough for Thallies.

Thal. Where the cool Darkans go. And the cool kids too.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 14, 2013, 04:05:04 AM »
Thalmarkin already has enough nobles.  :P

Melhed & Thalmarkin have 2.5 nobles per region they currently hold. If you're looking at wanting to become a region lord you should consider Republics/Democracies like Caelum, Nothoi, Fronen or Riombara which all have less than 1.5 nobles per region.

But you should come to Fronen. We're in the center of the island with possibilities of war to the north & south and we have the best* male/female (41% women/59% men) ratio of any realm on the island. You can be a part of history by contributing to our discussion of a new constitution for the realm.

*disclaimer: not 100% sure on this, no way to easily check.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 14, 2013, 04:26:10 AM »
There's no such thing as enough nobles. :)

I don't even want to think about the tax rates I could've been running under the old system with the nobles we currently have. Makes me sad...

So anyway, yes! Come to Thalmarkin! Land of glory and manhood, frozen ales, frozen flames and some very good women too!
And about those estate sizes... everything is bigger in Thalmarkin. And let's be honest, you can either deal with ruling over thousands of peasants or you can get your taxes from 3 donkeys and a humpback who you'll never even see or smell on your giant estate.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 14, 2013, 07:35:50 AM »
There's no such thing as enough nobles. :)

I don't even want to think about the tax rates I could've been running under the old system with the nobles we currently have. Makes me sad...

So anyway, yes! Come to Thalmarkin! Land of glory and manhood, frozen ales, frozen flames and some very good women too!
And about those estate sizes... everything is bigger in Thalmarkin. And let's be honest, you can either deal with ruling over thousands of peasants or you can get your taxes from 3 donkeys and a humpback who you'll never even see or smell on your giant estate.

Thalmarkin is like the Persian horde of the north and Melhed are like the 300 Spartans holding in Thermopylae aka Bil Havil-Tepmona. Be part of the horde or be a grizzly spartan BAMF.  8)