Poll

What is your LEAST favorite of the BM continents? (Explain)

Atamara
17 (30.4%)
Beluaterra
3 (5.4%)
Colonies
9 (16.1%)
Dwilight
11 (19.6%)
East Continent
12 (21.4%)
Far East
4 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: LEAST favorite  (Read 15549 times)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
LEAST favorite
« Topic Start: May 14, 2013, 12:28:54 AM »
We have another pool asking "What is your favorite of the BM continents?"
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,149.0/topicseen.html

I want to know which one is the least favorite.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:53:38 AM by miriam ics »
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: LESS favorite
« Reply #1: May 14, 2013, 02:05:20 AM »
Least favorite.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 14, 2013, 02:09:57 AM »
EC sucks.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: May 14, 2013, 02:11:43 AM »
Atamara  8)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: LEAST favorite
« Reply #4: May 14, 2013, 04:43:15 AM »
I voted Far East. I've never played on the Colonies so I wasn't going to judge that continent and all the othershave brought me far more enjoyment over the years. Maybe I've just had the wrong experiences on FE but even if they'd had been better the map with it's small amount of huge regions is a turn off too.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 14, 2013, 05:19:09 AM »
I will go wit EC too.
The place is actually a big mess and will only be funny again when the big realms get destroyed. IMO.
Never was at the Colonies, and only one time at Atamara, with a advy that was in jail next day he arrived. I didnt know what to do with him so abandoned him there. He is frozen there since ever.
FEI was ok but boring. I love Dwillight and Beluaterra.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 14, 2013, 05:21:00 AM »
Atamara sucks. EC is boring, but at least there are wars and there isn't a political gridlock.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 14, 2013, 06:53:11 AM »
Atamara rocks, atleast for now... not sure how long :D I have played only AT, Dwi and BT... and for these, Dwi was disappointment.

:o

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 14, 2013, 04:27:47 PM »
Atamara rocks, atleast for now... not sure how long :D I have played only AT, Dwi and BT... and for these, Dwi was disappointment.

:o

-Jaune

I'm on Atamara now in a position of some power.

It's extraordinarily dull.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 14, 2013, 04:34:28 PM »
Atamara sucks! There is no scope for advancement in most realms and the political intrugue is plain boring.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 14, 2013, 04:43:42 PM »
Atamara is not the place for diplomats and those interested in playing the political game right now. It is a place for the strat gamers and order followers who like the big battles.

Once something breaks, either the MiCE or Darka, things will get more interesting for the diplomats.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 14, 2013, 05:12:32 PM »
Dwilight.

I've been all around it, in all sorts of position and it has always been boring as heck. Various things have shaped it so there's little room for interesting wars. Part of that is just how the map is laid out, part of it is how realms have shaped up and how a certain religion has spread.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 14, 2013, 06:05:51 PM »
Dwilight.

I've been all around it, in all sorts of position and it has always been boring as heck. Various things have shaped it so there's little room for interesting wars. Part of that is just how the map is laid out, part of it is how realms have shaped up and how a certain religion has spread.

If you've been all around it, how can SA have prevented you from having any fun?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 14, 2013, 06:08:14 PM »
If you've been all around it, how can SA have prevented you from having any fun?

Because SA is by definition unfun and anti-fun, obviously.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #14: May 14, 2013, 07:05:44 PM »
Because SA is by definition unfun and anti-fun, obviously.

Yeah, because fragmenting the church is so stagnant...  ::)