Author Topic: REJECTED:Feature Idea: Public Debate (riffing on Dueling, but for Oratory types)  (Read 4273 times)

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
... exactly like a Duel.

The options that I suggested were off the top of my head.  Food for thought, if you will.

I haven't dueled in ages, so I'm hazy on the mechanics, but IIRC, you and your adversary have to be in the same region, and someone issues a duel, and the other accepts [side note, there should be a small negative impact for refusing a duel - or debate]

Once both parties are involved, they each get options about how to fight.  Aggressive, neutral, defensive, etc.  I don't remember what they are, maybe its on the wiki.

Debate could work similarly.  I pick a tone - aggressive, neutral, defensive, and can choose 'scope' or something similar.  If I want to really stick it to him I'll throw out all kind of wild accusations and imply that he/she is a bastard.  Or I'll pick the option to stay on topic and discuss the subject matter.

Then the system does some code magic, and picks a winner, throws in some flavor text based on both character's tone and scope, and hands out honour/prestige gain/loss.  Finished.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.