Author Topic: 101 Ways to Destabalize the Northern Astroist Federation  (Read 78637 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I mean, all we need to achieve this is:
1. Humiliate Asylon and get Phantaria incorporated/converted
2. Open up Barca to conversion and temple-building
3. Complete conversion of Fissoa
4. Destroy and replace Falkirk
5. Convert Aurvandil

Items 1-3 are all totally feasible and seem likely to be achieved. Item 4 is harder, but certainly do-able. Item 5 would be a real trick.

But if we are able to Astroize the whole continent except Aurvandil, that'll be enough for me. I'm fine with having one pariah state.

Number 5 is out of the question. Aurvandil will suffer the same fate as Falkirk. It's strength is not what it used to be, now that there's no (or less) cheating involved.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
7. War of Flowers: Church-sanctioned wars between SA members - terms decided beforehand - loser pays winner x amount. Like tournaments, but with more peasant death.

8.Have a theocracy's ruler refuse to join an ongoing crusade.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
All of those are fine goals that have no bearing on reality and would be a boring slog.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
... except that #8 just happened.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

That'll teach the church to ignore a rebellion against a legitimate theocratic ruler.

Seriously, isn't it in the charters somewhere that the theocracies have the obligation to support theocratic governments from rebellions and secessions?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
There is a line in regards to that, but I think that Turin has graciously decline to push that clause forward, partly because I think the rebellion finished before the charter was fully ratified and released to the church at large.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Astrum and Morek have no reason to fight. Their one-time rulers, Brance and Bustoarsenzio, were close friends. There was really only one incident, many years ago, that saw Morek and Astrum at odds.
  8)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile

Let's wait em' out boys! ;)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
If any break happens in the church over this, it will very anticlimatic. The entire purpose of theocratic rulers being in the elder council is so they can give their opinions on matters that concer them. The entire time the crusade was being discussed and debated, Leopold didn't say a single word. Then when it gets declared, Leopold, with no warning or prior discussion, publicly declares that his realm is ignoring the crusade and refuses to support it.

And now several people have come forth and are claiming that the prophet told them, in private letters, that the can ignore the call for crusade with his blessings.

* Indirik is confused
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
If any break happens in the church over this, it will very anticlimatic. The entire purpose of theocratic rulers being in the elder council is so they can give their opinions on matters that concer them. The entire time the crusade was being discussed and debated, Leopold didn't say a single word. Then when it gets declared, Leopold, with no warning or prior discussion, publicly declares that his realm is ignoring the crusade and refuses to support it.

And now several people have come forth and are claiming that the prophet told them, in private letters, that the can ignore the call for crusade with his blessings.

* Indirik is confused

My bet is either the player of the hosenfeffer family is just trying to cause some chaos, or else the anti-crusaders are lying.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
My bet is either the player of the hosenfeffer family is just trying to cause some chaos, or else the anti-crusaders are lying.

Like I said, Mathurin has been in Phantaria RPing with Kale the past several days...
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

Or that, you know, he's seeing how much chaos the declaration is causing and he's trying to to lend a hand to those who oppose it instead of forcing a total break?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yeah; that sounds like Mathurin trying to ease tensions, by making it officially OK for people who don't want to follow this crusade (which, by the sounds of it, doesn't actually need the full military force of the Church behind it).

However, this cries out, to me, for some ambitious Astromancer to declare that Mathurin is no longer the true Prophet: he is clearly putting secular desires above the good of the Church! Time for a new Prophet, one who still retains his zeal and unswerving devotion to the Stars! ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Like I said, Mathurin has been in Phantaria RPing with Kale the past several days...

Damn Prophet.

Just accept the freakin' treaty already.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

He's made multiple public announcements that it is not OK to reject the crusade or the authority of himself and the church.