Author Topic: 101 Ways to Destabalize the Northern Astroist Federation  (Read 78294 times)

Telamon

• Knight
    • View Profile
I have a question. SA is based on Catholicism, correct?

Has there been any upstart rival Bloodstar religion that set itself as a protest against the church? I'm just asking if it's been attempted.
Lewis Therin (Phantaria) – Lanfear (Fronen) – Ishmael (Adventurer/Phantaria)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile

Not purposely so, I don't think. More so just because RPing a massive religion in an SMA world just lends itself to acting in the Western Christian tradition almost unintentionally.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile

We tried to avoid it as much as possible, but as a SMA religion with universalist ambition, the parallels are evident.

Has there been any upstart rival Bloodstar religion that set itself as a protest against the church? I'm just asking if it's been attempted.

There was Orthodox Astroism which folded a few months ago, and a few underground attempts that never translated into actual religions.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
There was Orthodox Astroism and then Creed Avon was talking about Blackstar or something but it never actualized. My own religion Cult of Bloodmoon came from Astroism to a small degree , it being one religion where some members of SA had eaten the fruit while it was still just an idea. There might have been more ideas or religions but I can't think of any. Originally the Bloodmoon fruit was supposed to be influenced by the Bloodstars (still is) and without the bloodstars the fruit would not have its unique properties. It was basically the idea that the stars influence man but also influence nature and that it was the Cult that discovered a plant that was as unique as man, binding us together under the stars.
We do not worship the stars but consider them integral to the wellbeing of the plant, like the sun.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Triunism has always seen itself as a variant of Sanguis Astroism.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile

Hireshmont actually just explained a prophesy to someone as being a prophecy about a "second church."
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Hireshmont actually just explained a prophesy to someone as being a prophecy about a "second church."

Working hard to split the church, I see!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
He's got to do something after no longer being ruler.  Of course others.... may not be happy with your interpretation.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
He's not the only one trying to split the church.

Time for some epic multi realm battles! Lets reshape Dwilight!
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

I second that!
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Yeeeesss!

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Order of Aristocrats, anyone?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Order of Aristocrats, anyone?
Sounds interesting, I bet King Arrakis would be interested, you just have to bring the guild to Niselur.  So would I... Unfortunately everyone is drunk, and song called 'The Monster ate the fair southren lady' is playing, and some monsters snuck up on the party and we are about to conduct a somewhat drunken charge on them.

•Niselur is totally not a nation that likes to drink.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting, I bet King Arrakis would be interested, you just have to bring the guild to Niselur.  So would I... Unfortunately everyone is drunk, and song called 'The Monster ate the fair southren lady' is playing, and some monsters snuck up on the party and we are about to conduct a somewhat drunken charge on them.

•Niselur is totally not a nation that likes to drink.

sounds like we need a Niselur-D'Hara drinking contest!

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Working hard to split the church, I see!

Actually, no. Working hard not to.

The devil (or, in this case, the angel) is always in the details.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner