Author Topic: Skills and units  (Read 2247 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Skills and units
« Topic Start: May 21, 2013, 06:16:45 AM »
I remember reading somewhere that a character's skills can have an effect on his unit's performance in battle. High Swords gives a bonus to Infantry, high Jousting gives a bonus to Cavalry. Is this true and if so, what is the bonus? To pull numbers out of a hat, if I had 80% Jousting, say, would this give an 8% bonus to the number of hits a Cavalry unit deals?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Skills and units
« Reply #1: May 21, 2013, 09:12:12 AM »
Does this work for all classes, or only heroes?

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 21, 2013, 01:44:40 PM »
Never heard of this. Sounds ridiculous for normal TLs. Perhaps skill%/unitsize bonus for heroes wouldn't be a terrible idea. I always thought that units benefited slightly from leadership more than anything, probably a morale bonus.

egamma

« Reply #3: May 21, 2013, 07:07:59 PM »
Leadership gives bonuses to all TL's.

I think heroes use their sword skill in battle.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 22, 2013, 01:00:50 AM »
I've also heard this.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eirikr

« Reply #5: May 25, 2013, 03:48:38 AM »
Leadership gives bonuses to all TL's.

I think heroes use their sword skill in battle.

I believe this is accurate as well. I can confirm that Heroes add some CS to their unit, but I cannot confirm how that additional force is calculated.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 28, 2013, 04:58:49 AM »
It says on the wiki that all TLs benefit from jousting and sword fighting while commanding cavalry and infantry respectively.

This makes sense, as a commander who is knowledgeable on methods of fighting would be better able to make informed tactical and strategic decisions when it comes to those methods of fighting. Battlefield theory is all well and good, but hands on experience is necessary as well. That is why Fredrick the Great personally served as a gunner in the Prussian army, prior to his becoming general.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 02, 2013, 06:16:18 AM »
Well what does benefit mean? It might be they just have less chance to be wounded. Battlefield experience is already given as leadership skill.

egamma

« Reply #8: June 02, 2013, 09:53:32 AM »
Well what does benefit mean? It might be they just have less chance to be wounded. Battlefield experience is already given as leadership skill.

leadership helps cohesion, mostly. your orders keep your unit together.