Author Topic: Propogandize Me  (Read 39546 times)

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
Re: Propogandize Me
« Reply #45: June 13, 2011, 06:23:07 AM »
Its pretty simple really. EC is like one of those murder-mysteries where everyone is having affairs with everyone else. And instead of there being only one killer, everyone trying to kill everyone else. Except OI, who spend the whole story accidently locked in a closet...
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: June 13, 2011, 03:17:16 PM »
They've probably won more battles than Westmoor :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: June 13, 2011, 03:19:36 PM »
Bazinga!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: June 13, 2011, 11:48:33 PM »
Except OI, who spend the whole story accidently locked in a closet...

I'm very quickly realizing this.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: June 14, 2011, 02:37:43 AM »
I'm very quickly realizing this.
It's been that way since day one. The only time they were pivotal in events is when One Rogala took over, and split off Avamar Selective. Then 3/4 of the island invaded them. Other than that, it's pretty much a waste.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: June 14, 2011, 08:16:18 AM »
It's been that way since day one. The only time they were pivotal in events is when One Rogala took over, and split off Avamar Selective. Then 3/4 of the island invaded them. Other than that, it's pretty much a waste.

Yeah. I'm bored as heck. Will probably leave soon.

Which, I hate to do. I'de rather say, "Ok, this place is boring, I should try to make it exciting." But I can't really figure out any way to actually do that. We just keep fighting this war against the Sultanate and honestly we are getting no where (and slightly beaten) and.. yeah.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: June 14, 2011, 04:21:02 PM »
It's a consequence of their geography. The islands are poor, and have nasty travel times. This leads to a weak realm. Shady has the right idea in mind: Expand to the mainland. That means going after the Sultanate. But the problem there is they have to land on the shore right next to SoA's capital... Their only other alternative is to become muscle for SoA or Perdan, and devote themselves to long marches to fight battles.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: June 14, 2011, 08:55:44 PM »
It's a consequence of their geography. The islands are poor, and have nasty travel times. This leads to a weak realm. Shady has the right idea in mind: Expand to the mainland. That means going after the Sultanate. But the problem there is they have to land on the shore right next to SoA's capital... Their only other alternative is to become muscle for SoA or Perdan, and devote themselves to long marches to fight battles.

Didn't they "become muscle" in the Perdan vs Caligus/Ibladesh war? I recall them showing up with like 5k cs max, twice. Got their asses handed to them, then had to march all the way home again.

They're too poor and too small to do anything. Might as well migrate and let the regions go rogue.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: June 14, 2011, 09:39:03 PM »
I think they did show up once or twice. I vaguely recall something like that.

They obviously made a big impression on me, eh? I suppose that's pretty telling all by itself...

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #54: June 14, 2011, 11:04:35 PM »
As a priest, who usually loves the method of travel for our class over the standard method, I can honestly say that travelling along the Obsidian Islands is a royal pain in the rear.  Between regions is usually 6 or more hours, and between the island chains?  11 to 20-some. 

Definitely takes some massive time pools to travel around. >.<

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: June 15, 2011, 06:15:05 AM »
So... where to next for ole' Oswald?

I feel I'm left with a bad taste in my mouth for the EC since playing in OI. Should I give another realm a shot, or migrate to a different island?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: June 15, 2011, 07:11:33 AM »
Come to the Far East!  Arcaea can always use more nobles.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #57: June 15, 2011, 07:41:16 AM »
Outer Tilog. Get eaten by demons or something. Wear a business suit while you're at it with sneakers because you need to walk long distance to get to your videogame tournament at your frat house.  ???

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: June 15, 2011, 11:46:37 AM »
Just give it some time and Sirion will help OI get off those islands. Last weeks campaign was pretty messed up and badly coordinated and executed by both OI and Sirion, but that is no reason why they should be that in the future as well. We just have to work better on coordination and timing.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: June 15, 2011, 03:15:55 PM »
Come to Ibladesh! Winning!
Ardet nec consumitur.