Author Topic: Among the Blind  (Read 1331 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Among the Blind
« Topic Start: May 22, 2013, 04:16:15 AM »
Among the Blind
a one-eyed man is king

Erik opened his mouth in a huge yawn, resting the helm with a dragon head over his knee. He sat, leaning against an old fence post with his sword dancing slowly with the wind, still crossing the body of a nameless farmer. Kill the militia gathered in times of despair was an easy job. Some of them were lying down beside him, resting the eternal sleep, slaughtered like cattle. They were not warriors at heart, they would not celebrate in the great halls nor would drink beer for all eternity. They would not fight or sing songs. Instead, they were fettered to the Silver Dragon by death oaths. They would wander forever into the cold darkness of uncertainty.

After the fight the Duke of Avamar thought first about the beer he took to the dry throat and the pipe with his finest herbs, watching the soldiers doing their job. At that moment his emissaries should be sleeping in some foreign land or maybe partying while the night heralded its arrival with a bright moon rising in the east while the sun disappeared behind him, hiding his light in western shores. There was a princess waiting for him, sharpening his curiosity. Erik caught a glimpse of his reflection in the polished helm, laughing as he threw a gold piece coined with his face to the dead.

Erik Eyolf: "You must be thankful, my dead friend. You don't need to worry anymore with people trying to share your lands and warriors like in a public market. Honestly, I preferred him while he was spying, gossiping and plotting like a southern queen. When I was blind about it. Once the trust is broken, everything falls apart, never to be rebuilt again. But here I am, killing your foes as always. And guess what, I'll be here when he leaves. Then we'll sit here until the wave passes. We just need to endure a little more of this stupidity. This is not something new. It's just a matter of patience. Unfortunately, I need to confide it to you, a mouth shut forever. This is how we avoid major scandals. Working in silence. I know, this is a shame, but the sheep don't need to know what the shepherd do behind closed doors. However, the pig farmer doesn't need to dive into the mud like his pigs. Even when people are still throwing pearls instead of slop..."

The vastness pleased him. Sirion should feel the same.

Erik Eyolf: "Maybe I should be more generous, unh!? A quality sometimes so admired as seen as the worst weakness of character. Maybe I should open my legs, what do you think, dead friend!? Do you think it would make them happy and satisfied as at the first harvest? I can close my eyes and see the 'Republic' knocking on my door and with a weakly voice, without courage: 'Erik Eyolf Serpentis, you won too much. You conquered too much. You boasted yourself too much. Your soul and loyalty is not enough. I want what you have. I want to distribute it. This is how I think I must enforce my own spirit. This is not fair to have you doing so much! Serve me isn't enough! You need to give me more and more. You will stop to try to control me, and I will control you. I will lay with your women and drink your wine just because you have too much to give. This is like I will rebuilt my image and forget my many failures. I will take from you. I will share it for you. I will take care of it for you. You're old. Take a rest, old warrior. Close your eyes and I'll take care of everything for you. Forget that I am reckless'. "

The Silver Dragon drew his sword with a gush of blood, standing up and putting his helm back.

Erik Eyolf: "You're right, dead friend. As always. I came here and conquered what you have. That's what I am, a conqueror. They will bleed before take something from me. Maybe they do not understand anything about loyalty, but we will give them a taste. The Silver Legion is here to win wars, not to satisfy the weakness of others. Maybe they don't know, but we fight for Sirion. It's time to come back to my realm."

Erik lifted his sword and his men followed. The legion would return to Westmoor to finish the job sometime soon.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!