Author Topic: Battlemaster 2?  (Read 6173 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Battlemaster 2?
« Topic Start: May 23, 2013, 07:09:18 AM »

I'd love to play Battlemaster in the 17th-18th century era. I know it would be a ton of work to rewrite all of the code and give everything a new face, but it would be awesome! So let's chat about it and see if our imaginations can make a game worth playing! What sorts of things would you guys want to see in this new game?

I want cannons on the battlefield, and Napoleonic Era monarchies, and pistol duels.

Et tu?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Zakilevo

Re: Battlemaster 2?
« Reply #1: May 23, 2013, 07:38:53 AM »
Well Tom is working on M&F so probably there is 0 chance of this happening until Tom finishes his current project ;)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 23, 2013, 07:54:00 AM »
That, or a Sci-Fi port of the game.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

egamma

« Reply #3: May 23, 2013, 05:58:08 PM »
Battlemaster: Dune Edition

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 23, 2013, 06:56:44 PM »
Steampunk Battlemaster plz.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 24, 2013, 12:01:47 AM »
Cool!

Just like there is Axis & Allies Second World War + little expansions, there should be Battlemaster + one continent themed spin-offs *(each spin-off gets only one continent). It would be a ton of fun for everyone (except the people who actually have to do the work  :P ) - But I'll help in anyway I can, with any talents I have available!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:05:53 AM by Ironsides »
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 24, 2013, 03:18:36 AM »
I'm quite alright with just BM.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 24, 2013, 07:05:35 AM »

What a Stodgy Old Man.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 24, 2013, 07:09:17 AM »

Wat?

Cowboys & Indians BM!
Shogun BM!
Mongolian steppes BM!
Barbary pirates BM!
LotR BM!
Nietzschean existentialism BM!
ALL the BMs!

anoobowner

• Knight
  • Vorash Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 24, 2013, 12:13:15 PM »
Wat?

Nietzschean existentialism BM!

^Isn't the current BM just Nietzschean existentialism with medieval flairs anyways?

I think Dada BM would be more interesting. We all try to act anti-battlemaster and all of our roleplays and messages would be ascii art and/or nonsense poems that determine wars between realms named 'Metaphysical Depravity' and 'Gestalt as Function'. There would be lots of 'Duels of Suprematist Composition' in which duelists would strike the poses of geometric shapes, and the one that is more ingĂ©nue shall be declared both the winner and non-present.
VORASH FAMILY: Protheon--Riombara | Prospero--Morek | Pamela--Caergoth

"The thing with computer-generated imagery is that it's an incredibly powerful tool for making better visual effects. But I believe in an absolute difference between animation and photography." - Christopher Nolan

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #11: May 24, 2013, 04:58:46 PM »
I'd love to play Battlemaster in the 17th-18th century era. I know it would be a ton of work to rewrite all of the code and give everything a new face, but it would be awesome! So let's chat about it and see if our imaginations can make a game worth playing! What sorts of things would you guys want to see in this new game?

Chat does not create a game.

Secure me about 2 mio. in funding and you'll get it. Yes, that is serious. No, the number isn't a precise calculation, but a fairly rough estimate. I'd say that it has a 90% confidence at an interval of +/- 0.5 mio.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 24, 2013, 05:55:04 PM »
Chat does not create a game.

Secure me about 2 mio. in funding and you'll get it. Yes, that is serious. No, the number isn't a precise calculation, but a fairly rough estimate. I'd say that it has a 90% confidence at an interval of +/- 0.5 mio.

By mio... you mean million? Really? Million whats?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 24, 2013, 05:59:04 PM »
By mio... you mean million? Really? Million whats?

Euros, obviously.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 24, 2013, 06:58:02 PM »