Author Topic: Unnecessary Racist Slur  (Read 42916 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Unnecessary Racist Slur
« Reply #30: May 27, 2013, 01:04:45 PM »
I think this is the same case as RPing 'rape'. I mean it happened quite often during war times and although the subject offends some players when you are in SMA, you either just ignore it or just play along.

And my opinion of it is the same.

We are adults, and there's a difference to do between RPing children's playbook angels and going into tasteless debauchery.

A short passage referencing something that is offensive to us modern players, but which makes sense in the context, is not at all the same as writing on pages of detailed and graphic references that cuts no expense in its obvious attempt to offend. Had the guy cited a whole paragraph of Mein Keimph, then yea, maybe it'd be justified. If the player repeated such comments on a constant basis, then again, maybe it'd be justified to intervene. But this? We are not children, and we'll find much worse on films or TV that is sometimes destined to not-so-young people at all.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron