Author Topic: Unnecessary Racist Slur  (Read 42748 times)

Baatarsaikhan

• Freeman
  • Oh bother...
    • View Profile
Re: Unnecessary Racist Slur
« Reply #60: May 28, 2013, 04:50:27 AM »
Good job ignoring the point of the statement! You win a prize.

Were I to start playing an Arabic-speaking online game based in Saudia Arabia, I would spend some time finding out what was acceptable in that culture, rather than just jumping in and start making RPs talking about how much Allah sucks. A tiny modicum of research should be expected if people from other cultures decide to play a game based in a Western country. As opposed to just coming in and talking about "those lazy slant eyes".

No, I caught the point.  I'm dismissive of it, for several reasons that I think are very obvious.

1) You assume research, when the game ONLY requires reading and comprehending the social contract.  It doesn't matter what you THINK I should have to do.  I am required to follow the contract, not your opinion of what I am to do.

2) You assume foreignness, when obliviousness or ignorance works just as well.  This game draws a lot of people from across the internet.  Assuming they are fully aware of where the game is, what is its moral slant (current vs. historical) is based in what aspect of the Contract, again the only thing I;m required to know?

See, in short, my point is that while YOU can apply your morals and codes of behaviour to me however you see fit, the player of the game is bound only within game's social contract.  If it's not within the contract, then no, you're not allowed to apply such.  The contract is not clear as day on this matter, since taking offense at something is as variable as white noise.
"A man's greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs, to hear the weeping of those who cherished them." -CHINGIS KHAN