Author Topic: Unnecessary Racist Slur  (Read 42833 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Unnecessary Racist Slur
« Reply #75: May 28, 2013, 05:49:13 AM »
As a counter-example, I live in Canada.  Also a  melting pot of different cultures - many of them non-Western.  I HAVE seen individuals of a non-Western background - African, eastern Asian, Russian, middle Eastern and others - march into a crowd of strangers and start yelling out racism.  I've seen CANADIANS do this.  It's popped up at a few different rallies, and at least one riot in the past decade.  Those that do, regardless of background are, also roundly condemned.

You've just proven my point for me. Despite your laws of free speech, your community condemned it. As we should do here. No one is asking for Kas to be banned from the game for life. A warning would be sufficient.

I have no issue with putting it in the Social Contract. But I believe that just because something isn't explicitly spelled out in the rules for the game, doesn't mean it's totally okay and tolerated. That's the same excuse bug exploiters use: "Oh, the rules of the game didn't say I couldn't exploit this specific bug to my own advantage, so I've done nothing wrong." No.