Author Topic: Appealing a Titan decision  (Read 13634 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Appealing a Titan decision
« Topic Start: May 28, 2013, 10:49:26 PM »
I disagree with the punishment:

"Your complaint titled "Speaking about unkown facts" has been rejected. The reason for this rejection is: A player returning is neither a social contract nor IR violation.
There has been a complaint about you, and the Titans have decided that a punishment of Removal from Positions is appropriate. Here is the reason:
No character is under any circumstances allowed to dictate to a noble the type of unit they field. This particularly applies to members of a realm's government. This is made clear in the government rules and inalienable rights every character in such a position is linked when they first arrive in these positions. Furthermore, this is not a new rule, and ignorance of it is not an excuse."

I presume the Titan punishment is based on a different case, not this one, as Mayhem assumes?

Mayhem

Re: Appealing a Titan decision
« Reply #1: May 29, 2013, 12:50:50 AM »
"Your complaint titled "About my Punishment" has been rejected. The reason for this rejection is: If you wish clarification on a Titan ruling, send an email to Tom. Please do not use the Titan reporting system as a means to communicate with the Titans. The character in question (Kas) has already been stripped from their positions. No action is required on the part of the player."

I have three characthers and all of them suffered consequences.

Hey bro, you there that gave me punishment, reply me in game and I will leave you alone, will start to worship you if you want bro. if you want to harm my player, just say bro, you are the administrator of this game. Well hope you not delete me.

I am here asking to you to have some goodsense and quickly hit your hammer of justice on those who want to make the game more attractive. I believe my friends that have seen my characther (Kas, Auril, Luciferase) actions agree that I make the game more interesting.

Also I roleplayed to provoke hatred feelings, this was my intention... But I was not racist at all.

I would like to thank everyone who post their opinion here. Going against or not, your voice matters and I thank you for that.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:52:31 AM by Mayhem »

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 29, 2013, 01:00:50 AM »
"Your complaint titled "About my Punishment" has been rejected. The reason for this rejection is: If you wish clarification on a Titan ruling, send an email to Tom. Please do not use the Titan reporting system as a means to communicate with the Titans. The character in question (Kas) has already been stripped from their positions. No action is required on the part of the player."

Wait...did the Titans hijack this case too?
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 29, 2013, 01:01:52 AM »
Wait...did the Titans hijack this case too?

No, they did not. There was a completely separate case against Kas for completely unrelated things.

I am not sure whether he thinks they are supposed to be related or just feels like hijacking this thread for whatever he is upset about.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Mayhem

« Reply #4: May 29, 2013, 01:04:15 AM »
No, they did not. There was a completely separate case against Kas for completely unrelated things.

I am not sure whether he thinks they are supposed to be related or just feels like hijacking this thread for whatever he is upset about.

Anaris,

the other case was already awnsered, terribly I did not saved the message. But this awnser is about this case, I believe.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 29, 2013, 01:05:58 AM »

Anaris,

the other case was already awnsered, terribly I did not saved the message. But this awnser is about this case, I believe.

This case is with the Magistrates, not the Titans. They do not share cases.

Any punishment or in-game message you have received so far from the Titans has nothing whatsoever to do with this case.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 29, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »

I have three characthers and all of them suffered consequences.

Hey bro, you there that gave me punishment, reply me in game and I will leave you alone, will start to worship you if you want bro. if you want to harm my player, just say bro, you are the administrator of this game. Well hope you not delete me.

I am here asking to you to have some goodsense and quickly hit your hammer of justice on those who want to make the game more attractive. I believe my friends that have seen my characther (Kas, Auril, Luciferase) actions agree that I make the game more interesting.

Also I roleplayed to provoke hatred feelings, this was my intention... But I was not racist at all.

I would like to thank everyone who post their opinion here. Going against or not, your voice matters and I thank you for that.

The Titans and Magistrates are entirely separate bodies. We do not know who the Titans are any better than the rest of the player base and cannot resolve any issues you might have with one of their rulings. Your only recourse to appeal a Titan ruling is to contact Tom directly. He can be reached at Tom@battlemaster.org or by PM on this forum.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 29, 2013, 09:19:21 PM »
Then lift my punishment. On all three characthers please.

You're really not listening, are you?

The Titans punished you. For something completely unrelated to the Magistrates. The Magistrates have nothing to do with the punishments you have received. They have no jurisdiction, and no authority or power to revoke the punishments.

If you have a problem with a decision of the Titans, you need to email Tom. There is no other recourse. Please stop asking the Magistrates about Titan decisions.
Timothy Collett

Mayhem

« Reply #8: May 29, 2013, 09:26:08 PM »
You're really not listening, are you?

The Titans punished you. For something completely unrelated to the Magistrates. The Magistrates have nothing to do with the punishments you have received. They have no jurisdiction, and no authority or power to revoke the punishments.

If you have a problem with a decision of the Titans, you need to email Tom. There is no other recourse. Please stop asking the Magistrates about Titan decisions.

I find this offensive and inappropriate.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 29, 2013, 09:27:07 PM »
I find this offensive and inappropriate.

Well, when you've been told the same thing 5 different ways and obviously still don't get it, sometimes you need a big red sign to be shoved in your face for you to finally grasp what's being said to you.
Timothy Collett

Mayhem

« Reply #10: May 29, 2013, 09:29:57 PM »
Well, when you've been told the same thing 5 different ways and obviously still don't get it, sometimes you need a big red sign to be shoved in your face for you to finally grasp what's being said to you.

Hey kid, no one asked for you to reply or even read. Why the offensive behavior?

Zakilevo

« Reply #11: May 29, 2013, 09:32:02 PM »
Hey kid, no one asked for you to reply or even read. Why the offensive behavior?

ROFL did you just call Anaris 'kid'? lol

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 29, 2013, 09:35:48 PM »

If you find my behaviour offensive, imagine how I find yours.

You have been repeatedly attempting to get the Magistrates to do something about a Titan decision they had no relation to, even after being told, multiple times, that they are not related.

Now you come and tell me, when I attempt to get you to stop posting completely offtopic and unreasonable requests in the discussion on your Magistrate case, that I am offensive, and you call me a kid.

If you need to know who I am, Mayhem, just look at the icon under my name.
Timothy Collett

Mayhem

« Reply #13: May 29, 2013, 10:03:20 PM »
If you find my behaviour offensive, imagine how I find yours.

You have been repeatedly attempting to get the Magistrates to do something about a Titan decision they had no relation to, even after being told, multiple times, that they are not related.

Now you come and tell me, when I attempt to get you to stop posting completely offtopic and unreasonable requests in the discussion on your Magistrate case, that I am offensive, and you call me a kid.

If you need to know who I am, Mayhem, just look at the icon under my name.

Dev King Anaris,

I apologize, I did not know the hierarchy of battlemaster ruled here, and since you are in the "dev team" do not know if this is something or not, still do not know who you are or what you do, but since I pledge an oath of fealty to protect your realm, I feel ashamed.

Mi'lord I must say, please do not punish me for my reckless behavior.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 29, 2013, 10:12:41 PM »
Dev King Anaris,

I apologize, I did not know the hierarchy of battlemaster ruled here, and since you are in the "dev team" do not know if this is something or not, still do not know who you are or what you do, but since I pledge an oath of fealty to protect your realm, I feel ashamed.

Mi'lord I must say, please do not punish me for my reckless behavior.

It would behoove you to pay attention, first of all, to how the game is run. The dev team are the people who write the code, manage the community, and in general are Tom's deputies. The rank below a forum member's name is purely a flavour text based on how many posts they have made.

It would also behoove you to know something about the person you're talking to on the forum before you tell them "no one asked you to reply" and call them a "kid". I've been playing BattleMaster since 2004, and have been a member of the dev team since 2008, so there are people who have been playing longer than me, but not a whole lot.

I'm also a forum administrator, so I can see that you're reporting every one of my posts as I post it, which isn't really a smart move. Particularly from someone with an open Magistrate case against them, and, based on your own offtopic posts to this thread, multiple recent Titan cases.

Right now, from where I sit, you're in a hole, and you just keep digging.
Timothy Collett