Author Topic: Feature Request: Transfer Gold to Nobles in the Same Region  (Read 11159 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
I think that while this option has the potential to bring something back to the banker position that was lost when realmwide food moving was taken away from it, there has to be some sort of restriction on just how often and how many nobles the banker can handle. Something like the militia assigning by generals could be used as a model. Don't let the banker keep handing it out all the time, or to everyone. Maybe give one or two, and then force him to recharge or something.

We have hours in the game. How about each transaction takes 1-2 hours? If the banker is traveling with an active army that eats up mobility really quickly. If he's at an allied city waiting for the army..well, it'd still take a few days to hand out to everyone. Even then he'd have to be carrying a thousand or two in gold and that's a huge risk for most realms finances no matter how you look at it.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
I like the risk/reward idea, there should definitely be a risk involved. Problem is that right now there isn't, if you play it smart and stay out of enemy regions - you just can't lose the gold.

But, that could be fixed with a new infiltrator option: Abduction. Like assassination, and with a similar bad chance for success, it could throw the target into your realm's dungeon, where gold can be stolen.

And yes, handing out gold should take an hour, just to limit it a bit.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
I like this idea, gives the Banker something more than just paperwork to do. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Hellz yeah!

And it would require the realm to trust the banker managing all that gold ...

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
To be clear, my request was for transferring golds to nobles from different realms, not within.  How else am I supposed to pay off my spies, or my war instigators?  *grin*

songqu88@gmail.com

You go to their capital and suffer a 50 gold charge upfront...And likely give away your secrecy.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
To be clear, my request was for transferring golds to nobles from different realms, not within.  How else am I supposed to pay off my spies, or my war instigators?  *grin*

Or use guilds, religions and secret societies like the rest of us
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

egamma

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,511.0.html

I guess I should have posted this here...oh well.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Interesting...