Author Topic: Church of Sartan comes to Beluaterra  (Read 25316 times)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
Church of Sartan comes to Beluaterra
« Topic Start: May 31, 2013, 02:22:11 PM »
A temple to the Church of Sartan has just been founded in Jedinchel in Thalmarkin. Expect drama to ensue :p

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: Church of Sartan comes to Beluaterra
« Reply #1: June 02, 2013, 03:31:51 AM »
Death to all Sartanists.
You may have found a way to unite the north on Melhed's side. =P

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 02, 2013, 03:46:06 AM »
Death to all Sartanists.
You may have found a way to unite the north on Melhed's side. =P

I...would be surprised if most of Beluaterra has much of an opinion, honestly.

Sartanism just isn't a religion that comes up very much around here.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 02, 2013, 03:51:42 AM »
Yeah, Hemaism is the real bogeyman on BT. If people can't rally together against Hemaism, CoS sure isn't gonna cause much of a stir.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #4: June 02, 2013, 05:11:36 AM »
Hemaism has a traditionally strong realm behind it.  CoS?  I question if Thalmarkin would permit them if it isolated them.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 02, 2013, 09:04:32 AM »
Hemaism has a traditionally strong realm behind it.  CoS?  I question if Thalmarkin would permit them if it isolated them.

Will it? I suppose you have clout in Old Grehk and Caelum, but beyond that I don't see where the Church of Humanity really has the sway to make a difference.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 02, 2013, 09:19:02 AM »

The only reason noone cares about them in Thal at them moment is that the priest and Lord in question is leaving us to join the new colony. I feel comfortable in letting Jaune handle the mess :p
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 02, 2013, 09:23:08 AM »
Mwahaha, maybby i will make it state religion at AA :D

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 02, 2013, 09:26:56 AM »
Mwahaha, maybby i will make it state religion at AA :D

-Jaune

Do. It.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 02, 2013, 11:54:01 AM »
If I'm not mistaken the current ruler of Fronen (Richard Telrunya) was pretty big in the Church of Ibladesh. Well, I am not mistaken. I was there. This could be interesting, although I have always expected him to recreate CoI in Fronen rather than join CoS. Because, when you really look at CoS, it is so wrong... they worship a god of war and all they cry about is how horrible war is. At least on FEI. Pussies.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 02, 2013, 02:02:19 PM »
If I'm not mistaken the current ruler of Fronen (Richard Telrunya) was pretty big in the Church of Ibladesh. Well, I am not mistaken. I was there. This could be interesting, although I have always expected him to recreate CoI in Fronen rather than join CoS. Because, when you really look at CoS, it is so wrong... they worship a god of war and all they cry about is how horrible war is. At least on FEI. Pussies.

Even richard telrunya was ruler of fronen, CoS will failed at fronen..

Support Daishi :)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 02, 2013, 04:34:57 PM »

Nope. Sartan is a god of *honourable* war. They don't object to war in the slightest on the FEI (that is, after all, why they attacked Ohanr without bothering to give themselves a plausible PR excuse for it) but they do object to dishonourable practices - like rape and mass murder and assassinations.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 02, 2013, 04:35:15 PM »
Do. It.

I second this statement :p

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 02, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »
Nope. Sartan is a god of *honourable* war. They don't object to war in the slightest on the FEI (that is, after all, why they attacked Ohanr without bothering to give themselves a plausible PR excuse for it) but they do object to dishonourable practices - like rape and mass murder and assassinations.

See, this religion just lost its touch with its dark side. You should reconcile with it and plunge into some rape and mass murder, so your God doesn't feel all honourable any more. Besides I hate that "let's not rape and mass murder" rule on FEI anyway. It's like cutting off a part of the gameplay.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 02, 2013, 05:08:09 PM »
That part is still there. You can still do it. You just have to face the consequences of what you do. It's a bit of a refreshing change from the other islands, where you can pretty much do anything, and no one cares. I mean, you can commit mass murder and genocide on AT/EC, and people just ignore it, so there are no consequences. At least on FEI you, supposedly, can be required to account for your actions.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.