Author Topic: What does Atamara need to happen?  (Read 32277 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: What does Atamara need to happen?
« Topic Start: June 01, 2013, 12:09:47 AM »
This for sure.

But I also think on the realm level that people, OOCly, are unwilling to consider betraying their realm and see themselves, not as playing a medieval noble with his own ambitions, etc. but just as playing an avatar as part of "Green Team Darka" or "Red Team Cagilans."

Maybe some disagree on this though.

Well, my character, who is a duke in the CE is quite proud and at times arrogant, and would love nothing more than to be a ruler of his own realm (although I myself do not particularly fancy it). But at the same time, he is also a staunch loyalist. There is really no motivation for a Duke of the empire to secede. Least of all while the war continues.

Ambitions? Being a Duke is almost the highest position possible, with only ruler topping it. And even then, it would be ruler of a duchy (which they have already) as opposed to one of five Dukes, and one of nine council members in one of the most powerful realms in Atamara.

Then, of course, there is the fact that the rulership of said realm and duchy would likely be lost in the ensuing conflict. There is currently no likely action that could get such a divergent reaction, short of banning a Duke (as far as I reckon it).