Author Topic: What does Atamara need to happen?  (Read 32331 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: What does Atamara need to happen?
« Reply #75: June 03, 2013, 09:22:29 PM »
1. I know. But it's lame. I hate when people just replace a dead/exlied character with a new 2.0 version. Plus there seems to be a lot of hate for Kerwin around the island and people will still be prejudiced against the Perth name for a while.

2. I would try very hard not to, but without some time to simmer it can be hard to separate the two characters. I need a little time to let myself "forget" the plethora of IC info and connections that Kerwin has so that the new character can have a "fresh slate."

3. I probably will at some point. Maybe I'll wait until Darka falls/wins.

I think you're missing something. You can pass on knowledge to new characters (especially children) but you can change their personalities, life goals, wishes, weaknesses, virtues. There is nothing wrong with a Perth coming to Atamara, and having had his personality warped perhaps due to his family having been "disgraced" or something on AT. Could be a character seeking redemption. Or perhaps a character who feels dejected and worthless.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."