Author Topic: The Dwilight University  (Read 28424 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The Dwilight University
« Topic Start: April 15, 2011, 08:54:12 AM »
Its one of my most favourite things about the whole game (in case you aren't aware my character is an active Dean of History). How come no one else sees it/uses it for the potential it has? Outside of a few once-in-a-whiles the University is sadly quiet. Military Studies or Arts alone I figured would be competitive.

What do you think, team?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwilight University
« Reply #1: April 15, 2011, 10:02:58 AM »
I'd love to contribute more to DwiUni and to the Wiki in general but my problem is that my english is so poor it takes me a lot of time to write down just some lines . If I was english mother tongue I'd be more prolific for sure.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 15, 2011, 10:28:48 AM »
I've never heard of the Dwilight University. Perhaps you could enlighten me about it?

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 15, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
I do my share for the history feeding info to bowie, is there anything better than that? :p

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #4: April 15, 2011, 12:46:48 PM »
Dwilight University is a historical/intellectual institution on Dwilight that records the various historical events, cultures, and realms. They do their best to be as historically accurate as possible while maintaining an objective viewpoint on the matter they are writing on.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 15, 2011, 01:53:06 PM »
I was quite surprised to see that it had so many members. I did not expect it to have more than 10. The boards should be updated to reflect the fact that it is no longer "starting up".

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 15, 2011, 02:04:53 PM »
My IC opinion: Dwilight University is a pseudo-intellectual institution founded in Springdale by anti-SA Torenist zealots. It is now used mostly by Bowie Ironsides as a front to gather information to continue his anti-SA propaganda, and to disseminate information designed to make SA look bad.

:D
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #7: April 15, 2011, 02:38:46 PM »
There are SA members in Dwi Uni. They make up the majority I believe.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #8: April 15, 2011, 05:24:23 PM »
My IC opinion: Dwilight University is a pseudo-intellectual institution founded in Springdale by anti-SA Torenist zealots. It is now used mostly by Bowie Ironsides as a front to gather information to continue his anti-SA propaganda, and to disseminate information designed to make SA look bad.

Your character should check out who the founder is... it wasn't Sejieda but Sammael. The former is now a Light in the church.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 15, 2011, 05:43:07 PM »
It was founded by Sammael /for/ Sejieda.  His taint still corrupts the institution.   
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 15, 2011, 05:47:18 PM »
Oh, I know that. My character is a member of the guild. But with Sejieda and Bowie being prominent members, at least as viewed from the outside, the University's reputation has been permanently tarnished.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 15, 2011, 07:13:07 PM »

Pasha made an alternative chronology of the Aquilegion Civil War that eliminated Bowie's bias, I happily included it in my work. Plus, just because Bowie is anti-SA and loving it doesn't mean he is right! He doesn't own the University or control any of it, you have just as much to contribute as him. Challenge him, write counter-arguments etc. The University is secular, and above realm/political/religious affiliations. At least that is how I view it. It should be a place to debate and discuss, like an IC forum.

Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 15, 2011, 07:20:10 PM »
Oh, I know that. My character is a member of the guild. But with Sejieda and Bowie being prominent members, at least as viewed from the outside, the University's reputation has been permanently tarnished.

There is no reason your character can't become a Dean. I hope to have a diverse cast of elders in the university.

Basically, what this article is about is to discuss and shape the University to what it should be instead of how it is now. I wish more contributed their own original works be it History, Geography (like all the awesome maps) etc, and to make it something that is shared by all of Dwilight. Ideas can exchange, contacts across the continent could be made, and characters can find another element to their lives outside of the routine realm business.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 15, 2011, 08:53:35 PM »
The University is secular,

Ergo, anti-SA.

For theocrats, neutrality is hostility.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Hossenfeffer

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sanguis Astroism - The Bloodstar Phases
« Reply #14: April 15, 2011, 11:04:01 PM »
Hmm, Mathurin passed a University guildhouse recently.  Perhaps he should sign up to see what they've got in their library.