Author Topic: Fane  (Read 67782 times)

Zakilevo

Fane
« Topic Start: June 03, 2013, 07:10:57 AM »
Uh... a new realm out of nowhere... What happened?

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fane
« Reply #1: June 03, 2013, 07:19:33 AM »

Make way for Fane!
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 03, 2013, 09:57:01 AM »
Weird name. Not sure if it's the name for a really smoking hot chick or the "e" was an accidental typo. Anyway this looks like a new Ironsides realm. Oh... joy...
Ardet nec consumitur.

Vessol

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 03, 2013, 10:04:32 AM »
Make way for Fane!

Don't think there's too many people to get in your way..

Nobles: 1
Mithridates Family: Vessol (Nivemus), Samos (Farronite Republic)
The White Tree Times, Newspaper for the East Continent
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_White_Tree_Times

Chaotrance13

« Reply #4: June 03, 2013, 01:08:51 PM »
Yup. Completely unexpected. To my knowledge none of us in the upper echelons of Westmoor knew anything of this plot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 03, 2013, 02:15:18 PM »
If you knew then it wouldn't be a plot, it would be a conspiracy. :)

Maybe Armstrong is working with Nivemus and Sirion. It willbe the new Sirionite buffer realm.

Bu more seriously ... who was the bright spark that gave a duchy to an Ironsides, and didn't expect something bad to happen? ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 03, 2013, 03:01:22 PM »
T'was Jor but he wasn't on Dwilight when Bowie did his thing so I don't think he knew.
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 03, 2013, 05:46:10 PM »
The curse of the Ironsides strikes again  :o

Armstrong wasn't willing to give up his titles in a peace treaty. I'm blaming Jor for this one. He appointed him, rather than choosing someone who hadn't taken too many mace blows to the helm.

The Westmoorian nobility wants Armstrong's head on a spike.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 03, 2013, 06:44:23 PM »
For the record, Armstrong and Bowie are completely different people. I did spend time building each character separately. It isn't fair to me to compare their actions and motivations.

But as for Fane, hot dog ain't this gonna be a fun ride! It's intended to be a city-state, first ever.

...Nobles: 1

One noble now, but "if you build it, they will come."

Let all glory loving and wealth seeking knights flock to Fane! If it lives post-womb, it just might have massive potential in the future  8)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 06:48:34 PM by Ironsides »
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 03, 2013, 06:51:58 PM »
Yeah, the Armstrong character does have his own motivations for his actions. In fairness, this is playing the game how it's meant to be played, where nobles will stake everything for rank, titles, and personal glory.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 03, 2013, 06:54:42 PM »
I give it about one chance in a hundred, tops.

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 03, 2013, 07:09:30 PM »
Well now nobody is going to sell food to Oligarch and it'll continue to starve to death.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 03, 2013, 07:10:28 PM »
In fairness, this is playing the game how it's meant to be played, where nobles will stake everything for rank, titles, and personal glory.
The game is not about doing silly things that you know will fail, or that you are pretty sure have a snowball's chance in hell of surviving more than about a week. You *can* do those things, but saying that the game is all about that is simply wrong.

Taking risks? Yes. Standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon and saying "I'm gonna risk it all and jump because hey, you never know, I might learn how to fly in the 10 seconds I'll have before I splatter my brains out on the rocks below."? Not so much.

From what I understand, this isn't about making bets and taking risks. Westmoor is going to lose the war. Badly. They are going to lose Oligarch. Apparently Armstrong is going to lose the title whether Sirion TOs the city, or Westmoor hands it over as part of a treaty. But there's no way in hell that Sirion is going to let him keep the city, either as a Margrave in Sirion, or as ruler of a banana republic snubbing his nose in Sirion's face. (Unless Armstrong has done the unimaginable and got Sirion's buy-in on this before seceding.)

This is a desperation move, with Armstrong hoping like crazy that he can fast talk someone into supporting him before either Westmoor *or* Sirion kicks his ass to the curb. I can't imagine that either of his neighbors will hesitate for one millisecond to put on their spiked boots to do the kicking.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 03, 2013, 07:51:20 PM »

Well, I will say that Armstrong is a very deliberate and methodical person (exact opposite of Bowie) and as far as he is concerned he is completely content. And as for me, his puppet master, I have a wide smile on my face! Now that's why I play BattleMaster!

;D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 03, 2013, 08:04:13 PM »
My character is pretty happy about the whole incident, too. Poetic justice.