« Reply #120: June 20, 2013, 10:00:09 AM »
Fane enjoyed every day on Earth  8)

You mean on Battlemasterra? ;)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fane
« Reply #121: June 20, 2013, 10:35:11 AM »
Strategywise, I am really curious to see that battle report.

RP-wise, I find it odd though that neither Nivemus or Sirion can obviously make a proper war declaration, according to Armstrong, and only he is talking on ruler channel actually.
Vessol since his election especially has never talked in ruler channel at all or?

EC has become just a moving of units... :/

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: June 20, 2013, 12:28:32 PM »
I am not at all surprised by this.

There was no IC declaration because there is no IC reason to go to war with the new found realm other than Sirionite greed for the city. I honestly don't think King Armstrong has even had time to cement any relations let alone pee anyone off for them to want to go to war with him.

I hope Fane can hold them off, only time will tell I guess.
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: June 20, 2013, 02:13:22 PM »

There was no IC declaration because there is no IC reason to go to war with the new found realm other than Sirionite greed for the city. I honestly don't think King Armstrong has even had time to cement any relations let alone pee anyone off for them to want to go to war with him.

Sirion has the RP to claim Oligarch from any other realm.
I just find it odd when jusrt buttons get pushed and nothing else is done.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:18:08 PM by Anaris »

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: June 20, 2013, 02:56:45 PM »
Back to this topic:

Akesh Temple has no walls as we speak. ;)
I was also very sad that after-battle talks or battle rps are not happening anymore so much.
Armonians are much more talkative! :D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 02:59:16 PM by Atanamir »

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: June 20, 2013, 02:59:11 PM »
Back to this topic:

Akesh Temple has no walls as we speak. ;)
I was also very sad that after-battle talks or battle rps are not happening anymore so much.
Armonians were much more talkative! :D

Isnt that a topic of other thread?  :o
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: June 20, 2013, 03:00:06 PM »
Isnt that a topic of other thread?  :o

Indeed, but I thought Fane thread would also die maybe at sunset, so I try to make a BTO here ;)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: June 20, 2013, 04:05:02 PM »
This thread has been sanitized. Further attempts to bring up topics known to be off-limits will result in wrath.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: June 20, 2013, 04:40:08 PM »

In what way is "greed" not valid as an IC reason? Greed is a perfect reason to go to war, you just need to spin around it if you don't have the superior force to back you up. Seeing as how Sirion, however, does have the superior force, I don't think anybody will question their motives.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: June 20, 2013, 04:47:04 PM »
Why in earth would Sirion need to explain a war declaration against Fane? So every time your realm is losing you just secede 1 city and force the other realm to "create" a reason to war that new realm?

No one even asked if Armstrong Ironsides even wrote a letter to Zakilevo letting him know his plan of secede, that could have at least showed Sirion an honest intention of creating a realm separated from Westmoor, the way it happened Sirion can easily see Fane as an extension of Westmoor and war Fane for the same reasons Sirion was fighting Westmoor.

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: June 20, 2013, 04:59:16 PM »
the way it happened Sirion can easily see Fane as an extension of Westmoor

No, they can't.

It's been made very clear in the ruler channel that King Thomas isn't at all happy with King Armstrong's actions. That Westmoor has no links to Fane has been made very clear in letters between the rulers of Westmoor and Sirion.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: June 20, 2013, 05:01:57 PM »
And Sirion needs to sit down and believe it? Westmoor used all kind of lies and tricks in the past to join wars against Sirion why would Sirion believe Westmoor now?

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: June 20, 2013, 05:05:11 PM »
Why in earth would Sirion need to explain a war declaration against Fane? So every time your realm is losing you just secede 1 city and force the other realm to "create" a reason to war that new realm?

No one even asked if Armstrong Ironsides even wrote a letter to Zakilevo letting him know his plan of secede, that could have at least showed Sirion an honest intention of creating a realm separated from Westmoor, the way it happened Sirion can easily see Fane as an extension of Westmoor and war Fane for the same reasons Sirion was fighting Westmoor.

Because after all, this is also an RP game. A declaration of war/peace/etc is good manners, but maybe that is my opinion only.
Sirion has perfect claim to take the city from any other realm due to the Doc card, that's fine, but for the game atmosphere, I think it is good when rulers of realms can forward something to their nobles, so nobles know what they attack or get attacked. Or for me as King of third realm to let my people know what happens. We are all here an elitary group who knows reasons from forum or because we played a while, but a new player who starts out has no idea why suddenly a hell of a force attacks they city suddenly or not. After all, a player starts out as noble, not as canon-fodder. :D

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: June 20, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »
The fact that the creation of Fane wont stop the Sirion war machine was very well stated inside Sirion and everyone pretty much agreed. I find it weird that Sirion "needs" to make a full war declaration to the rulers or even to Fane itself because the very same reasons Sirion was fighting Westmoor is what applies for Fane, Armstrong knew very well that seceding wouldnt be exorting the new realm from war.

A war declaration wouldnt improve the RP atmosphere in my opinion but remark the obvious.

Cheers.

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: June 20, 2013, 05:13:04 PM »
Westmoor used all kind of lies and tricks in the past to join wars against Sirion

Such as? You must be going a long way back in time there, because I've played in Westmoor for nearly 3 years and no such thing has happened in my time. Point of interest - within the last few years, Westmoor has never declared war against Sirion. It's always been the other way around.

I think it would have been nice to see official reasons for the declarations against Fane by Nivemus and Sirion. Obviously, we all know that Sirion wants the city, but it's always good to have some explanation of things. Even if it's just that they dislike Armstrong, or don't consider Fane to be a legally formed sovereign entity.