Author Topic: Fane  (Read 67887 times)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fane
« Reply #75: June 13, 2013, 01:48:22 AM »
Claims don't matter, the ability to act upon them does.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #76: June 13, 2013, 01:59:13 AM »
Claims don't matter, the ability to act upon them does.
How very ignoble of you.  Claims of all sorts do, in fact, matter to the nobility.  It is why even distant cousins were sometimes hunted down.

Zakilevo

« Reply #77: June 13, 2013, 03:16:30 AM »
Uh... we were just attacking a realm closest to us and it just happened to be Westmoor. After all, this game is designed to attack your neighbours and the only non-Sirionite ally happened to be Westmoor.

With a new king, maybe we can change that ;) Who knows. Also, once this war ends, Zakilevo will be retiring so that could change things as well. Maybe the next prime minister won't be as aggressive as Zakilevo.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #78: June 13, 2013, 03:22:18 AM »
Uh... we were just attacking a realm closest to us and it just happened to be Westmoor. After all, this game is designed to attack your neighbours and the only non-Sirionite ally happened to be Westmoor.

With a new king, maybe we can change that ;) Who knows. Also, once this war ends, Zakilevo will be retiring so that could change things as well. Maybe the next prime minister won't be as aggressive as Zakilevo.

Or if it's Erik Eyolf again, maybe he will. :P

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: June 13, 2013, 04:08:48 AM »
How very ignoble of you.  Claims of all sorts do, in fact, matter to the nobility.  It is why even distant cousins were sometimes hunted down.

Reminds me of something Pompey Magnus said to a city that objected against being attacked claiming it was against the law.

"Cease quoting the law, we carry weapons!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #80: June 13, 2013, 04:11:16 AM »
Reminds me of something Pompey Magnus said to a city that objected against being attacked claiming it was against the law.

"Cease quoting the law, we carry weapons!"

WEAPON IS THE LAW!

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: June 13, 2013, 04:27:18 AM »

Funny how Zakilevo seems to only be in office when Sirion is attacking Westmoor ;)

Retiring again? He reminds me of Federal Court judges who constantly get pulled out of retirement to handle difficult cases :P
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Zakilevo

« Reply #82: June 13, 2013, 04:33:53 AM »
Funny how Zakilevo seems to only be in office when Sirion is attacking Westmoor ;)
No one got the balls to attack Westmoor but Zakilevo ;)

Retiring again? He reminds me of Federal Court judges who constantly get pulled out of retirement to handle difficult cases :P
This time for sure. The first time he retired, he retired to join Dunnera. The second time, due to my parents' separation so an ooc issue. This time though, is more permanent. Quite tired of trying to keep things going all the time. Time for someone else to do the job.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: June 13, 2013, 04:58:43 AM »
No one got the balls to attack Westmoor but Zakilevo ;)
This time for sure. The first time he retired, he retired to join Dunnera. The second time, due to my parents' separation so an ooc issue. This time though, is more permanent. Quite tired of trying to keep things going all the time. Time for someone else to do the job.
Oh no, Zaki is retiring. Who going be Brock new best friend? One of his best friend was killed by Westmoor in battle, mind you :(

Let get back to Fane. Anyone want bet on odds how long Fane will last? Or who is the shortest timespan realm in BM history? Five gold piece anyone? 8)

By the way, Fane has 4 nobles, enough for 1 realm council fill up.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: June 13, 2013, 05:49:56 AM »
Sirion is a bully, they like to think that they can treat those smaller than themselves like dirt and do as they please. Sirion should also be mindful of how they treat others because sooner or later it will come back to bite them on the derriere ;)

Smaller? Sirion fought for a long time before Erik and along Erik in the Great War, when we faced many enemies. Perdan was at our doors some time ago... well, they were almost becoming a problem again with Westmoor and OI. But the tides of war blew back in our favor because of our political and military powers. We are strong and we are smart. Well... we hate Westmoor. Knowing Sirion and considering the common judgment about us always being the bully (in your words), anyone would consider that Sirion would want Oligarch.

I'm amazed at how people forget that Perdan and Westmoor were ready to enforce the most outrageous terms to us, wanting to erect new realms and wanting to see Erik exiled. Unfortunately for you, Westmoor lost and we want to see Jor stripped of all his supposed power. Or you want to see your Church burned like we did with the Flow?

Erik's ambitions never cease to amaze me :P

Fortunately, people will see much more of his ambitions. He's a conqueror and at some point, he will destroy Westmoor and OI... at least the peninsula. Many kingdoms still need to know the Silver Legion  8)

Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: June 13, 2013, 06:27:55 AM »
Smaller? Sirion fought for a long time before Erik and along Erik in the Great War, when we faced many enemies. Perdan was at our doors some time ago... well, they were almost becoming a problem again with Westmoor and OI. But the tides of war blew back in our favor because of our political and military powers. We are strong and we are smart. Well... we hate Westmoor. Knowing Sirion and considering the common judgment about us always being the bully (in your words), anyone would consider that Sirion would want Oligarch.

I'm amazed at how people forget that Perdan and Westmoor were ready to enforce the most outrageous terms to us, wanting to erect new realms and wanting to see Erik exiled. Unfortunately for you, Westmoor lost and we want to see Jor stripped of all his supposed power. Or you want to see your Church burned like we did with the Flow?

Fortunately, people will see much more of his ambitions. He's a conqueror and at some point, he will destroy Westmoor and OI... at least the peninsula. Many kingdoms still need to know the Silver Legion  8)

Ermm no. Its not because Sirion is strong and smart. More like OOC circumstances that merely gave you an IC advantage. had the multi scandal not hit in OI with Shady, I think things would be different now. OI and Westmoor were doing quite well on their own up until that point. Secondly you as in Sirion did not burn the Flow. That was Perdan and Caligus and also Westmoor when we were at war with Fontan.

Thats ok, Erik is welcome to believe that he will destroy Westmoor, because my character will believe he can work towards destroying Sirion and all the vile, evil and inhuman traits it stands for ;)

Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: June 13, 2013, 07:19:48 AM »
Anyyyhooo, back to Fane  ;)

IC, Thomas isn't exactly ecstatic about having the capital of a rebel realm two regions away from his capital city.

OOC, I can see many benefits in Fane continuing to exist. Speaking as a player, I don't really see what will be added to the game by Sirion destroying Fane, beyond Sirion saying, "Woo-hoo, we got another chunk of land". It's painfully obvious that Sirion is already too big. They only have loose control over Commonyr much of the time, even though the regional lord (lady in that case) spends most of her time there. They're getting close to the point where the realm's going to have to split.

It's fairly clear that the next big war is going to have to be either Sirion vs Perdan, or Sirion vs Caligus. Once either Perdan or Caligus wins the southern war, there won't be anyone else big enough for them to bother fighting except Sirion. The same applies to Sirion in the north - the only realms for them to fight will be either Perdan or Caligus. Sirion and Caligus vs Armonia and Eponllyn is a possibility, but it would mostly be a long-range war. But Perdan currently seems to be making mince-meat out of the south.

Allowing Fane to exist will create a more interesting dynamic in the north, and is no threat to Sirion because it's too small. There would also be the potential for Sirion to possibly gain and cultivate Fane as an ally, depending on the approach they took. On the other hand, Sirion can't gain much more land before all of the realms on the continent see them as the greatest threat and someone initiates another mass war against them. Bad news for Sirion, especially because they've been losing nobles.

Zakilevo

« Reply #87: June 13, 2013, 07:28:07 AM »
IC - Zakilevo wants Fane gone. Oligarch is a long lost city for Sirion. It once belonged to Sirion's most famous prime minister, Doc Primus. Retaking the city, the prize Sirion earned by defeating the realm of Oligarch which once threatened Sirion greatly, means Sirion will finally restore their former borderline before the great northern war. The restoration of the republic will be complete with Oligarch :)

OoC - I was always a big supporter of more realms. It is boring and uninteresting to have big realms. Sirion obviously is becoming too big and occupying one quarter of the continent may sounds good but it does nothing but bring more enemies. I hope Sirion makes another realm or something once Zakilevo retires.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: June 13, 2013, 07:47:47 AM »

IC - Armstrong won't give up Oligarch without a spectacular battle.

OOC - I want a spectacular battle.

But - what if Krimml and friends were to join Fane to create a new satellite between Sirion and the south, one neutral and awesome to boot?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: June 13, 2013, 08:31:06 AM »
More like OOC circumstances that merely gave you an IC advantage. had the multi scandal not hit in OI with Shady, I think things would be different now.

I have to disagree. We had no advantages, in truth, OI had a great advantage with multies...until now. I'm convinced that we would have won anyway with Perdan busy in the south. Maybe we would need a little more time, just it.

Secondly you as in Sirion did not burn the Flow. That was Perdan and Caligus and also Westmoor when we were at war with Fontan.

Erik did his part, even hanging a Priest. Dürion looted, burned and closed some temples too. He took Negev and burned it to the ground.

But - what if Krimml and friends were to join Fane to create a new satellite between Sirion and the south, one neutral and awesome to boot?

Because Sirion can build another satellite realm by itself if we cannot grow anymore. After all, anyone who abandons his realm to join a traitor becomes a traitor and this will only make we fight a little more.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:44:42 AM by Eduardo Almighty »
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!