Author Topic: Fane  (Read 67666 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Fane
« Reply #105: June 14, 2013, 04:36:15 AM »
Speaking from my characters efforts as the Ambassador for Westmoor and working closely with all the monarchs to date, Westmoor hasnt had much choice in that regard. Sirion doesnt want to be friends with Westmoor, neither does Nivemus. Caligus is happy to maintain peaceful relations with us, but all efforts thus far have proven futile in advancing relations. My character is of the view that we acknowledge our ties to Perdan and would like to maintain good relations with them, but not at the detriment to Westmoors future and prosperity.
I'm definitely not making the claim that Westmoor is a Perdanese puppet. Yet I can easily see how other realms might see it so. Any realm that splits from another, and doesn't end up at war with the parent, is always viewed by the parent's realm as a puppet realm. It was the same way with Fontan and the Sultanate of Asena. Sirion and Nivemus. Ibladesh and the Diocese of Aix (except that in that case it really was a puppet/master relationship ;) ) You can't escape the accusations, so I mostly ignore them.

During the current wars, my character has even questioned our alliance with them. Perdan started the war in the North, then leaves Westmoor to rot to tend to matters in the South. He feels that Perdan started this mess and has now left Westmoor out to dry at the mercy of superior numbers from Sirion. Perdan doesnt seem to care about our fate, what kind of ally is that? From that point, its not hard to see Westmoor is not a blind puppet If you actually understand what is going on within Westmoor.
Relationships between Perdan and Westmoor have been rocky in the past. At one point Westmoor demanded Bescanon from Perdan, under threat of war. That particular ruler ended up not lasting very long.

Anyway, it's good to see a nice little wedge in there. Eponllyn's sacrifice will not be for naught!

So really, at the end of the day, Westmoor currently doesnt have much choice.
Sometimes, that is truly the case.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: June 14, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »
My character is of the view that we acknowledge our ties to Perdan and would like to maintain good relations with them, but not at the detriment to Westmoors future and prosperity. During the current wars, my character has even questioned our alliance with them. Perdan started the war in the North, then leaves Westmoor to rot to tend to matters in the South. He feels that Perdan started this mess and has now left Westmoor out to dry at the mercy of superior numbers from Sirion. Perdan doesnt seem to care about our fate, what kind of ally is that? From that point, its not hard to see Westmoor is not a blind puppet If you actually understand what is going on within Westmoor.

What you forget is that Nivemus and Sirion were making war plans against Westmoor for months. The plan of Perdan was to a) start the war before they attack Westmoor and b) bring the war to Nivemus lands before Westmoor's lands would be destroyed. A classic preemptive strike in order to catch the enemy off guard and have the own ressources undamaged. The RP reason to start the war was quickly found when Atanamir ascended the throne in Perdan. Plan also worked well (Nivemus got seriously damaged), till Caligus/Eponllyn (and Armonia) fell into Perdan's back in order to satisfy their own greed. So, next time, Perdan just should sit and wait till Sirion/Nivemus attack Westmoor and start to rogue their lands? No problem in that, then we (as Perdan, not Westmoor) would be also not there where we are now.

But actually you should all thank Atanamir for breaking up that long peace period. ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:53:54 AM by Atanamir »

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: June 18, 2013, 04:33:54 PM »
This Commentary, from a Political Editor Point of View

I am interested to know what is Sirion thinking, it has been proved that Nivemus's Military is weak, to no say ineffective. Sirion need more allies, either they hold hands with Westmoor, or feed Fane Westmoor's regions to make it grow. 

Sirion have to forget the idea of "we have terrain advantage and we are supreme" because they had doubts when Perdan was marching with Westmoor and (can't believe i don't remember that realm name..... *40 second later*) Armonia. Sirion have to wake up from that boredom because Caligus have bad news for them.

God knows what could happens, but if Perdan Falls, Caligus block will control half of the continent, creating on Perdan a new colony, that Perdan surrenders and force by treaty to no fight, or last but not least, a Duke secede and create a new realm, but don't worry about that one, it only happens on Atamara.

As i said at the beginning, does Sirion have a plan, but as to me they look like these people who increase weight and get fat, and then they get vascular problem, or couldn't defend himself because he never worried about making exercise. (Making reference to their land area).

Sirion, stop eating and Think, because Avamar will Burn!

PS
I go get the torches....

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: June 18, 2013, 04:46:55 PM »
This Commentary, from a Political Editor Point of View

I am interested to know what is Sirion thinking, it has been proved that Nivemus's Military is weak, to no say ineffective. Sirion need more allies, either they hold hands with Westmoor, or feed Fane Westmoor's regions to make it grow. 

Sirion have to forget the idea of "we have terrain advantage and we are supreme" because they had doubts when Perdan was marching with Westmoor and (can't believe i don't remember that realm name..... *40 second later*) Armonia. Sirion have to wake up from that boredom because Caligus have bad news for them.

God knows what could happens, but if Perdan Falls, Caligus block will control half of the continent, creating on Perdan a new colony, that Perdan surrenders and force by treaty to no fight, or last but not least, a Duke secede and create a new realm, but don't worry about that one, it only happens on Atamara.

As i said at the beginning, does Sirion have a plan, but as to me they look like these people who increase weight and get fat, and then they get vascular problem, or couldn't defend himself because he never worried about making exercise. (Making reference to their land area).

Sirion, stop eating and Think, because Avamar will Burn!

PS
I go get the torches....

+1 and I want to emphasize this commentary is not from a Perdanese or Westmoorian player! :D

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: June 18, 2013, 07:09:52 PM »
Perhaps its not just a matter of greed or taking over regions but a matter of justice.  :o
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: June 18, 2013, 07:11:31 PM »
Nah, it's totally greed. But hey, that's fine!

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: June 18, 2013, 07:16:29 PM »
You know? There was once a man who had like 110 years old and he looked like in his early 70's. A reporter went to his home to interview him and asked the old man

Interviewer: "How do you do to stay that young at your 110 years old?"

Old Man: " i avoid senseless discussions and stupid confrontations or argues"

Interviewer: "Thats impossible, there must be something else!!"

Old man: "Yes you are right, there must be something else"

So Lorgan... yes you are most surely right.

Cheers!

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: June 18, 2013, 07:17:51 PM »
VICTORY! \o/

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: June 18, 2013, 09:46:04 PM »
You know? There was once a man who had like 110 years old and he looked like in his early 70's. A reporter went to his home to interview him and asked the old man

Interviewer: "How do you do to stay that young at your 110 years old?"

Old Man: " i avoid senseless discussions and stupid confrontations or argues"

Interviewer: "Thats impossible, there must be something else!!"

Old man: "Yes you are right, there must be something else"

So Lorgan... yes you are most surely right.

Cheers!

Gregor Relak? :P

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: June 18, 2013, 09:47:53 PM »
Gregor Relak? :P

OLOL that made me laugh really hahaha

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: June 20, 2013, 01:14:44 AM »
Time to join yet another ambitious leader.  This will be interesting.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: June 20, 2013, 08:49:06 AM »
War! (8 hours, 46 minutes ago)
Nivemus has declared war on us!

Nivemus not sirion.. FANE will win! And TO region of nivemus.. :)

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: June 20, 2013, 08:51:43 AM »
I hope Fane takes Oberndorf and sacks Ashforth  ;D
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: June 20, 2013, 09:04:12 AM »
A new war is breaking out   (5 minutes ago)

Sirion has declared war on Fane.

Nivemus declare too early. Fane, enjoy the last day on earth. Have anyone watch that movie? 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: June 20, 2013, 09:35:32 AM »

A little bit of dramatic rhetoric, I-thank'you:

Letter from Armstrong Ironsides
Message sent to the Rulers of East Continent (8 recipients)

It is a privilege to receive a declaration of war from the power of the north. As a hero, I seek no better foe in combat than one with strength and skill better than I.

Prime Minister Zakilevo, you and your peers believed you could take Oligarch from Westmoor by battering them into submission. I spent a lifetime of duty and military service to earn Oligarch, did you think I would just give it away with the signing of some piece of paper? I earned this city with blood and steel and that is the only way I will grant its removal from my possession. It is the achievement of my life and I stake my life to keep it.

The battle to come will showcase Fane's fortitude and readiness. It will galvanize our glory and nobility, and will prove that Fane is the single greatest realm ever to stand on the East Continent. When knights and dames speak of valour they will think of Fane, not Sirion. When Marshals lead their forces into battle they will secretly fantasize that they are Faneian Marshals ordering the battle lines on the walls of Oligarch. When Kings and Queens sit on their thrones after decades of pomp their hearts will sag with the truth that their throne can never equal that of Fane. From the day Fane was born, all nobles wished they were here, in Oligarch, to face you. From these moments on, the name Fane will be synonymous with valour, with courage, with strength and willpower! It will be the highest glory a hero has ever acquired. Fane will become the measure of a noble. Just as the memory of a fallen hero inspires and captures the spirit of all braves, so to will the memory of Fane resound forevermore! And all of this we owe to you, the elves and their pet.

It is with gratitude, then, that I unsheath my sword and wait for you to try and mount my walls.

Glory be,

Armstrong Ironsides
King, Merchant Chief of Fane
Royal of Fane
Duke of Oligarch
Margrave of Oligarch

...Fane, enjoy the last day on earth...

Fane enjoyed every day on Earth  8)
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there