Author Topic: Fane  (Read 67608 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Fane
« Reply #150: June 21, 2013, 12:43:07 AM »
For the people who wants to see Avamar burning, you will need to wait for another couple of years.

Actually, I think we'll just need to wait until sea travel comes to the EC. Sirion's northern and eastern regions are ripe fruit, ready for plucking as soon as armies can sail around behind you.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: June 21, 2013, 01:00:25 AM »
The same counts for almost every realm in EC, so just because people can, that doesn't mean they will be successful. Also, there's a difference between pirates, occasional raids and burn then entire duchy and the city to the ground. It's possible, but just it.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: June 21, 2013, 01:03:58 AM »
The same counts for almost every realm in EC, so just because people can, that doesn't mean they will be successful. Also, there's a difference between pirates, occasional raids and burn then entire duchy and the city to the ground. It's possible, but just it.

The difference with Sirion is that it's the only way anyone can get in at it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: June 21, 2013, 01:54:11 AM »
Nivemus need a good reason for war? Oh, okay. How about Fane trying to TakeOver the rogue Oberndorf, the one region next to our capital? Fane is a good neighbor aye? No good neighbor realm start their Diplomacy relationship with taking over Oberndorf that is claimed by us 8)

Roleplay from Brock Ketchum
Message sent to everyone in the region Oligarch (33 recipients)
Stratarchos Brock shakes his head as someone mention to him about overhearing Fane Ruler speech.
He turns to address his Nivemus Warriors.

"Courage? Valour? Have they drink too much wine lately? Do they even know what is courage and valour about? Warriors of Nivemus, they are trying to takeover our rogue Oberndorf region recently. And yet, they sit here cowering behind their wall, thinking they act honorably. First step in Fane book of diplomacy relationship with your neighbor realm is to takeover your neighbor realm claimed rogue region. How courage and valour are that sound like. If this is the beginning of Fane diplomacy, I shudder to think what is the next step in Fane book of diplomacy."

In actual fact, our Ruler is busy RL and he did mention OOCly to our realm of course. Which could be why he not post in Ruler channel recently. No need to mention to outsiders, okay? You all dont know? Good ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 02:05:50 AM by Ketchum »
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: June 21, 2013, 02:07:29 AM »
The difference with Sirion is that it's the only way anyone can get in at it.

Not at all... Perdan invaded our lands for a while when we were busy with Westmoor. By the sea, we have better targets than Avamar. But I can understand why Avamar, since many people hates Erik  :(
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: June 21, 2013, 02:16:47 AM »
Nivemus need a good reason for war? Oh, okay. How about Fane trying to TakeOver the rogue Oberndorf, the one region next to our capital? Fane is a good neighbor aye? No good neighbor realm start their Diplomacy relationship with taking over Oberndorf that is claimed by us 8)

In actual fact, our Ruler is busy RL and he did mention OOCly to our realm of course. Which could be why he not post in Ruler channel recently. No need to mention to outsiders, okay? You all dont know? Good ;)

Technically speaking, a rogue region is a rogue region, regardless of who previously owned it or who has claims to it. You cant say its yours and say they attempted to invade your lands when the region is rogue... ::)
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: June 21, 2013, 02:24:12 AM »
Technically speaking, a rogue region is a rogue region, regardless of who previously owned it or who has claims to it. You cant say its yours and say they attempted to invade your lands when the region is rogue... ::)
Fair enough. Do read my RolePlay a bit. It is about "claimed rogue region", not "invade your lands". We are talking about different points :)

Nivemus claims rogue region of Oberndorf. If you try to takeover a claimed rogue region, you will have war on your hand. No need to get so difficult to understand than that ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: June 21, 2013, 02:34:51 AM »
Fair enough, I must have misread your RP post  8)

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: June 21, 2013, 03:48:49 AM »
I personally think Westmoor should fight to the death.

Choice between kneeling and standing, seems they've choosen the choice to kneel. Then becoming nothing more than a fraction of it''s strength. Sirion will finally get Nivemus land oo the puppet region prospers.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: June 21, 2013, 04:11:54 AM »
I personally think Westmoor should fight to the death.

Choice between kneeling and standing, seems they've choosen the choice to kneel. Then becoming nothing more than a fraction of it''s strength. Sirion will finally get Nivemus land oo the puppet region prospers.

I agree with you. Not everyone in Westmoor agrees with what is happening.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: June 21, 2013, 04:53:22 AM »
Revolt!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: June 21, 2013, 05:01:02 AM »
Every realm on the EC that has some history behind it has been in a bad spot at some point in their existence. They chose to make peace, rebuild, and return to strength. There's nothing glorious (or entertaining, for that matter) about having to sit in a city while your realm is destroyed.

Revolt!

King Thomas turns to his chamberlain, "Tell the executioner to make sure he has sharpened his axe."

Zakilevo

« Reply #162: June 21, 2013, 05:08:17 AM »
Perdan could have fought to the bitter end but Indirik happened. Unfortunate indeed... You don't want a sensible ruler signing peace to preserve your realm. You need a brave warlord who is willing to fight to the end!  8)

Zakilevo

« Reply #163: June 21, 2013, 06:45:39 AM »
That was some epic battle. Haven't had that in awhile.  8)

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: June 21, 2013, 07:05:35 AM »
EPIC