Author Topic: next invasion  (Read 14371 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
next invasion
« Topic Start: April 15, 2011, 10:54:54 AM »
maybe its a bit to early to start speculating, but how do you think the next invasion should be?
What should be done again and what not?

I really enjoyed the previous one above all others, but i think there should be more gm players in the invasion forces, not only one.
Also perhaps beluaterra should prepare better this time, sign a mutual contract between all realms appoint a single representatives of all humans etc.
like a UN.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: next invasion
« Reply #1: April 15, 2011, 01:25:01 PM »
We play a peripheral game like The Dream and what Beyond is planned to be like, which has possible effects linked to the main game. And the game will be in 3D...And there might finally be models for the invaders...

Of course that might require a dedicated small group who will work on said project.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 15, 2011, 02:22:17 PM »
Of course that might require a dedicated small group who will work on said project.

I think that's possible, don't you think?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #3: April 15, 2011, 02:38:03 PM »
Let's help Tom with Beyond first and hope that team can stick around for 5th Inv.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 15, 2011, 03:07:13 PM »
I really enjoyed the previous one above all others, but i think there should be more gm players in the invasion forces, not only one.

There were at least six GMs involved in the last invasion.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: April 15, 2011, 04:20:19 PM »
If anything the last Invasion showed that we probably should have less GMs. The behavior of some players out of frustration is a bit discouraging, and it was all too convenient for them to blame it on GMs with special abilities. If it were something like The Dream, where the NPCs are directed by fair code, then players have no one to blame but themselves for any failures on their parts.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 15, 2011, 04:28:01 PM »
If anything the last Invasion showed that we probably should have less GMs. The behavior of some players out of frustration is a bit discouraging, and it was all too convenient for them to blame it on GMs with special abilities. If it were something like The Dream, where the NPCs are directed by fair code, then players have no one to blame but themselves for any failures on their parts.

Some factions had more GMs than others. I'd personally prefer more equally-spread GMs and a good chunk of coded forces.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 16, 2011, 08:48:48 AM »
Some factions had more GMs than others. I'd personally prefer more equally-spread GMs and a good chunk of coded forces.

Perhaps most of the invasion forces could be just rogue code working a little diferent, the GM's could get messages of where the chunk of the army is going so they can anticipate on it.
So that most of battles and troop movement is done by code and diplomacy/deceit/communication is done by GMs.

I also agree gms should be spread equally amongst the invading factions.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 08, 2011, 10:05:17 PM »
When it comes to GMs I think it should be quality more than anything else. If you can only get two good GMs then that's better than half a dozen bad ones.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 08, 2011, 10:33:18 PM »
Well, I wasn't in the invasion, but I'd still like to thank the GM's involved for their commitment. Whatever that was :P

Honestly, it's only thanks to the sweat on their brow that we can enjoy Battlemaster, and perhaps that should be said more often. (Idk if there's a difference between GM's or the Dev team, so sorry if I said something bad here :) )

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #10: June 09, 2011, 12:30:23 AM »
Dev team handles the...development and support. GMs, at least in the context we're using it here, handle the BT Invasions and special case on Dwilight. I think for the most part they handle story stuff, but also might have some role in maintaining proper atmosphere or something.

Also, the two spheres generally merge, so the Dev team for the most part knows who the story GMs are, or are some of them (Anaris was the Light in 4th Inv, for example)

Anyway, at least that's what I think is the case, basing this just on observations. In case anyone was curious, I'm unaffiliated with either group.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 09, 2011, 12:42:32 AM »
Well The Undead managed to do something, so the next Invasion is probably going to involve the fruits of that.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #12: June 09, 2011, 12:50:46 AM »
Or Beyond, if that's the way it'll go.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 09, 2011, 04:32:23 AM »
When it comes to GMs I think it should be quality more than anything else. If you can only get two good GMs then that's better than half a dozen bad ones.

To a certain extent. The military challenge is pretty lame when all the enemy forces are controlled by 1 guy. Also, good or bad, they are prone to inactivity after some time. The more you got from the start, the less continuity takes a hit and the more enjoyable fighting them is. Also, I have a hard time to see how one could be "bad", or that most of the previous were "good".

No hard feelings towards them, though, I just feel it's organized extremely poorly.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 10, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »
I don't think whining about invasions on BT are justified. Wasn't it clear, from the beginning (it used to be the "New World") that it would be a temporary continent? As much as I hated that idea I kept that in my mind: eventually it would sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Which is a shame, because for a very long time I found BT to be the most fun continent of BM.
Ardet nec consumitur.