Author Topic: More then one Government Position.  (Read 3006 times)

Kaltenthal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
More then one Government Position.
« Topic Start: June 01, 2013, 09:37:37 AM »
Is it possible to hold more then one government Position? I.E.: Ruler and General ?!

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: More then one Government Position.
« Reply #1: June 01, 2013, 09:49:52 AM »
Yes. Though I'm not sure you can combine Ruler with another position, it's possible to be Banker and Judge at the same time.

egamma

« Reply #2: June 01, 2013, 10:14:50 AM »
It's possible to hold all 4. depending on the government type; there may be restrictions.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 01, 2013, 11:17:21 PM »
Speaking of that,

Has the code that denies family members on the same island to both have council positions been removed? I've seen several examples now (in monarchy and tyranny) where both family members in the same realm have council positions. That wasn't possible before as far as I know.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 01, 2013, 11:19:02 PM »
Speaking of that,

Has the code that denies family members on the same island to both have council positions been removed? I've seen several examples now (in monarchy and tyranny) where both family members in the same realm have council positions. That wasn't possible before as far as I know.

There has never been any code that denies 2 family members from having council positions in the same realm.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 02, 2013, 04:25:31 AM »
There has never been any code that denies 2 family members from having council positions in the same realm.

To clarify, one cannot and never could hold government positions in different realms on the same continent (save for a few cases over the years due to bugs or unexpected code behavior), but one can have two different characters have government positions in the same realm.

The game does add a ton of complications, though, depending on the government system, to get more than one government position. For example, while in some government systems the ruler can appoint himself to anything, in others he can't even appoint his kin.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 02, 2013, 02:27:05 PM »
Ah I see. I didn't know it was always possible in the same realm.

I have another question too. What happens if a char gets elected to two or more government positions simultaneously in a republic? Will he be able to or is it just not possible somehow?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 02, 2013, 02:32:09 PM »
Ah I see. I didn't know it was always possible in the same realm.

I have another question too. What happens if a char gets elected to two or more government positions simultaneously in a republic? Will he be able to or is it just not possible somehow?

Referendums are actually the easiest way to get as many government positions as one likes. The order in which you get elected to them can be tricky, however, regarding feudal (dukeships, lordships) and government title mixes. In some government system, I think being elected ruler will trigger new elections were you judge beforehand, for example, but they don't prevent you from re-winning that title. There's no issues with simultaneous elections as far as I'm aware.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kaltenthal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 03, 2013, 04:24:20 PM »
Then could somebody please add that to the Wiki at the appropriate place?

The wiki is meant as the main guide for that game but is horribly outdated, incomplete and neglected. Somebody should definitely do something about it. I would have a go at it but i fear that my knowledge of the game mechanics is way too limited for that kind of job.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 03, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
Then could somebody please add that to the Wiki at the appropriate place?

The wiki is meant as the main guide for that game but is horribly outdated, incomplete and neglected. Somebody should definitely do something about it. I would have a go at it but i fear that my knowledge of the game mechanics is way too limited for that kind of job.

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,2939.0.html
Ardet nec consumitur.

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 04, 2013, 10:45:30 AM »
About wiki, i think we need to updated other important information that related to knight and region lord.. Only 4 character involved with 4 government position but we have hundred of knight/lord..

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 06, 2013, 08:11:27 AM »
Referendums are actually the easiest way to get as many government positions as one likes. The order in which you get elected to them can be tricky, however, regarding feudal (dukeships, lordships) and government title mixes. In some government system, I think being elected ruler will trigger new elections were you judge beforehand, for example, but they don't prevent you from re-winning that title. There's no issues with simultaneous elections as far as I'm aware.

You're right. My char got elected to two offices. Now is just the question of how long one must wait to step down from one of them without there being massive penalty?